Amazon Cloud Player/Autorip - UK and US. Confused!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by preyan, Jan 30, 2014.

1. preyan macrumors 6502

preyan

Hey guys,

Any help will be great.

1. I have a UK and US Amazon account, both using same email address
    2. I have a foreign credit used for payment in both
    3. I do sometimes visit the states and order and deliver within the states (but with my foreign credit card)

Autorip on UK and US T&C's says that in order to view your Autorips, you must:
    - have a US/UK billing address (which I do for US)
    - have a US/UK credit card (which I don't)

Only then can I view my Autorips. Thing is, I can view my Autorips for US but not for UK, even though I have a foreign credit card. Wrote to Amazon UK about not being able to view my Autorips, and they responded as such:

At this time, in order to qualify for Autorip, your Amazon.co.uk account must be associated with a UK billing address and you must either use a credit or debit card issued by a UK bank or have a UK IP address. We may check the location of your IP address, for example, if you use an Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate to make a purchase.

Is my IP address while in the states and ordering on Amazon.com that allows me to see my US Autorips? Just want clarity how come I can see US but not UK.

On that note, can anybody here see UK and US Autorips in Amazon Cloud using the same email address?

Thanks!

2. Bear macrumors G3

When I go to to the UK Amazon site, it brings me back in to the same cloud player url I go to from the US Amazon. All I'm seeing are tracks from albums bought from US Amazon.

What I don't understand is why some CDs I see only a few of the tracks in autorip instead of all of the tracks from those CDs. This makes autorip kind of stupid and useless.

3. preyan thread starter macrumors 6502

preyan

I think it's a case of licensing agreements per song. Hate it.
    Have you ever ordered while visiting in the states or UK?

4. Bear macrumors G3

Nope, all my orders from Amazon UK were ordered from and shipped to the US. I ordered items that were not available in the US except at very high import prices.

5. preyan thread starter macrumors 6502

preyan

Then I'm guessing it's your IP addresses that allows us (or not) to access UK content.

6. preyan thread starter macrumors 6502

preyan

You can change your country but your credit card country of issue or IP address is what will allow you access to change your account from US to UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201420320