Amazon Cloud

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rugmankc, Nov 29, 2015.

1. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I bought the 5.00 1 year unlimited storage plan. Thought I read you could upload and play movies in mp4 format. I uploaded thru the app a 1gb and 2.88gb movie. The 1gb uploaded fine and i could play it on my rmbp and iPhone. Then I uploaded the 2.88gb and tried to play it and got a message that said videos over 2gb are not supported. I then went back to 1gb movie and tried to play it again and got same message. This was the main reason I tried Amazon. Am I missing something?

2. lclev macrumors regular

lclev

Give Amazon a call. I have found there support people are very helpful. I am not familiar with what their plan offers or why you are getting the error message.

3. rugmankc thread starter Contributor

rugmankc

Thanks I will look into it. I did pose the question in their discussion forum.

4. rugmankc thread starter Contributor

rugmankc

Their support was great--

But, my problem was their 20 minute restriction on streaming movies/videos from the cloud. Think I mixed up 2gb and 20 minutes--:( I am old--lol

Now trying Google Drive with my 15gb free storage. Seems ok but takes awhile to process after upload. Maybe 1-2 hours. That is not an issue for me. If it works may upgrade. Amazon took my feedback. Hopefully they will remove the restriction if they want to grow their customer base. I did cancel my 5.00/year subscription. They were happy to oblige.