Amazon.com is having a fire sale on the previous generation uMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jlamarp, Jun 8, 2009.

1. jlamarp macrumors newbie

The model that listed for $1999 prior to the WWDC is now $1499. There are generous price drops on all of the previous generation unibody Macbooks.

If you can live with not having the latest and greatest, and without the free iPod Touch (BTS promotion) these might be a good deal.

2. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

That is an amazing deal. Thanks for pointing it out.

3. RogueVasion macrumors regular

RogueVasion

I went to go see...

The MBPs are at great prices. If they're still available next month, I may purchase one of them. $1499 for the entry last generation uMBP, WOW!

Thanks for the tip. :eek:

4. John89 macrumors regular

5. jlamarp thread starter macrumors newbie

FYI. Best Buy has also slashed prices on the previous generation Unibody Macbooks.

Looks like everyone is clearing inventory for the new arrivals.

6. pufftissue macrumors regular

Battery life was terrible on the last gen...but at least for those of us who need to be able to swap them out, it's a factor...but honestly I think there are few people who are out and about without a an ac adapter for that long.

If the screen is noticeably better ( hard to believe in my opinion), then I might pay $100 more for the new generation (with student discount). IF you sell your ipod touch, you'd be able to effectively knock off at least another $100 off the price.

7. MVApple macrumors 6502a

Well you won't find a 15" Notebook with 4 hours of wireless connectivity at 5.5 lbs from any windows machine. So really, battery life was still quiet good, now it just seems incredible.

8. WilliamG macrumors 604

I went from a 15" unibody to a 17" unibody with the so-called "better screen" with the 60% more gamut blah blah. Honestly, the screen is just "OK." I love the resolution, but the screen itself doesn't have much better image quality. It's not as bright as my 15" unibody, and it's more yellow than white on a white screen, as well as not having as much contrast, even after calibration, as my old 15" unibody.

Honestly, the screens on ALL laptops are crap. I live for my 24" LED Cinema Display.

9. tastychicken macrumors member

10. youpey macrumors member

i see it for the 2.4 2gb at bestbuy, actually 1599, but i dont see it at amazon either. then again i am at work, so i cant keep searching

11. tastychicken macrumors member

yeah i saw it at best buy also. If that's the case i think i'm just going to pick up a refurb at the apple store for $1349

12. tsa1 macrumors regular

did they lower the price on refurbs?

13. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

14. robby818 macrumors 6502a

That's your problem, the 24" LED has spoiled you. :D Nothing will look good compared to that display.

I am eager to see the new 60% better color gamat displays as well. I am pretty pleased with my 15" unibody but the screen MAY be a tad bit worse than my previous AL MBP and is definitely not as nice as my sister's first gen. MBA

15. DYER macrumors 6502

no offence but what on earth are you on about?
    Yes this is when using the 9400m but i get 4 hours 45 mins out of my battery after 150 cycles with the screen relatively low but everything else running as normal - itunes mail adium word and so on... now for a 15 inch laptop that aint bad by anyones standards.... yes i have 3 battery's but that is because when away i am often in the middle of bloody nowhere and need the power to edit images ^^

i really think it is a little unfair to say it is terrible...