Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Hey,

If I was to buy a new 1.33ghz 12" PowerBook from amazon, the warrenty would still be able to be activated- Right?

Also, am I eligable then for the epson printer rebate?

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
EJBasile said:
Hey,

If I was to buy a new 1.33ghz 12" PowerBook from amazon, the warrenty would still be able to be activated- Right?

Also, am I eligable then for the epson printer rebate?

Amazon.com is an Apple authorized reseller, so the answer would be yes and you're also eligible for any of Apple's current promos.

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
if i were you i'd support the mothership... i order from apple's website... or another website that i favor... but that's because i hate amazon...

tubedogg

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2003
Minnesota
baby duck monge said:
though you will get free shipping and no tax.
Depending on what you buy, that is, i.e. you're not gonna get free shipping on a PowerMac. With that said, buying from Amazon makes sense as they are usually at least $5 lower than list price, plus no tax as mentioned.

cleo

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2002
Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
Another thought, if you do buy from Amazon -- apply for the Amazon Platinum Visa. You get 3points/$1 spent on Amazon and 1pt/$1 spent elsewhere, and then a $25 Amazon gift certificate everytime you accumulate 2,500 points. So you could conceivably score $50 in free Amazon stuff just for buying your PB. Also, you get $30 off your first purchase with the card, and it's 1 year with no interest.

I [heart] Amazon, in case you couldn't tell. :)

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
I've ordered my last three powerbooks from Amazon and have been very pleased with everything. Also, they have a really good returns/exchange policy (if need) not to mention top notch customer service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.