Amazon cutting prices

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Groucho Marx, Oct 15, 2010.

1. DJ-R macrumors regular

DJ-R

Overstocked / sitting in warehouse for took long maybe, also due to MacBook Air.

People will go for MacBook Air if the price is right so they are dropping all laptop range on Apple.

Those are stock Spec which I don't like.

More likely MacBook Pro will have minor option upgrade to Core i7 2.8Ghz. Then there is the MacBook Air ~11in

it is too fast. If I don't read the release date for this Mid-2010 MacBook Pro. It felt like it was just updated over the summer like 3-4 months only. LOL It is still very new.

2. ryanandersonp macrumors newbie

I've been looking to buy a Mac Pro for a few months, and since I first checked Amazon has always offered these lower prices.

3. gothamm macrumors 6502a

I see no price cuts beyond amazon's normal range.

4. cili0 macrumors member

interesting that the sylicon cover for the macbook pro unibody was dropped from 19.99$ to 0.99$, does it means it will became totally useless (read: incompatible) with the new MBP ?

5. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

I'll take a _wild_ guess here that at least the low-end revision of the MacBook Air is going to be a product that is intended to replace the "spot" in Apple's product line that the MacBook occupies now. We are going to see a RAM-based "drive" instead of a hard drive, and we're also going to see the elimination of the DVD/CD drive, at least at "the entry level".

For a built-in DVD/CD drive, you're going to have to "go Pro" (a la MacBook Pro), just as you have to get one of those now to have firewire.

This also makes me wonder if Apple is working on some kind of "system software distribution scenario" that makes it possible to do system software installs/restores withOUT having to use a DVD drive -- either by way of the built-in SD card reader that the upcoming MacBook Air is rumored to have, or else via a diret download from the net.

We may see future versions of the Mac OS sold on SD flashcards as well as on DVDs. No reason why that couldn't be done immediately, as many newer Mac laptops already have the card reader on-board.

6. DePaulBlueDemon macrumors regular

DePaulBlueDemon

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

According to Amazon price history aggregators, the price for the base MBP has been the steady from 9/28-10/16. I think your grasping at straws. :)

7. ihonda macrumors 68000

microcenter is still the cheapest

mbp $999
    mb white $799

8. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

The first thing I think is that the Apple Store refurbished unit prices are slightly better.

:)