Amazon drops spigen (Update: They're back up again)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LFCYNWA, Nov 8, 2014.

1. LFCYNWA, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014

LFCYNWA macrumors regular

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

No kidding. It doesn't surprise me. I have purhased from Spigen in the past with no issues. This time around I bought directly from them and not through Amazon. What a mess. They took pre-orders, took the customer's money immediately and then didn't send the products. Weeks went on after the available date and still no cases. I e-mailed them over and over again to cancel my order through the month of waiting and then another 3 weeks later still got the order - of course all separately. By that time I had found other options and didn't want the Spigen cases and screen protector. So I returned them but still didn't get a refund from Spigen. E-mailed over and over to them for my money back but nothing. I ended up putting a claim through PayPal and received my refund for the cases but got stuck with the shipping cost.

I will never purchase from Spigen again. Terrible customer service - basically non-existent.

3. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

4. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

Makes no sense, I have recently purchased a half dozen Spigen cases from Amazon?

EricE

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

The title of this thread is misleading as they're still available through Amazon UK.

6. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

7. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Hopefully, if not just open an A-Z claim on Amazon. :p

8. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

amazon didn't drop spigen. spigen pullled their inventory from amazon

9. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

THIS. Exact same thing happened to me. I'm actually going to escalate it to a PayPal claim right now.

10. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

I just got my Spigen Air Skin last week from Amazon. Great case, and delivered fast. I was thinking about getting another color. Bummer.

11. wxman2003 Suspended

Spigen could not meet Amazon's requirement of shipping within 30 days. If they can't ship, you get a refund. Spigen would wait until that email came to you from Amazon, and then send a shipping notice on day 29. If Amazon get a certain percentage of complaints on an item, they pull the item. I bet most of the complaints were about shipping. I'm sure Spigen will be back.

12. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

It's funny, the case I received was damaged and I've been waiting to hear back from Spigen since launch day. I just got info to send it back and they want me to pay return shipping.

13. wxman2003 Suspended

I noticed you can't even get Spigen screen protectors on Amazon. Those always shipped out quickly. Perhaps Spigen want you to pay their ridiculous prices from their web site instead of the 50% discount on Amazon.

14. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i ordered 2 cases from Amazon. One took a over a week to ship out. The other it shipped next day..

can't complain too much considering what I saved. Bummer though

15. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Interesting. I just checked and yes it looks like Spigen has pull themselves out.

This company needs to do a better job in handling customer support. I've written them countless of times and no response. So I had no choice but open up Word document and write a letter how frustrating I was with their customer support, and mailed them.

Looks like they got my letter and Spigen has sent me a free Spigen Tough Armor case (which I never ordered). I can't complain about them sending me a free case but as a whole, I probably won't be buying their products again. I do like their materials that they use but on a customer level, very disappointed.

16. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

I just noticed this last night on amazon.com. But here in Canada amazon.ca still carries spigen cases. Eh?

17. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Yep.

Maybe Spigen was sick of getting complaints from people in the US who were too impatient to wait more than 2 days for products :D

18. andrewket macrumors regular

I waited 3-4 weeks for spigen to ship. Asked to cancel, got nothing in return. A-z claim and I got my money back. Two weeks later spigen box appeared. I marked it return to sender. Worthless company.

19. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

Personally I don't think Spigen makes really great cases. Their cases may look nice, but I don't find them to be functional or protective. Their customer service stinks in my experience. There are much better case makers out there. UAG, speck to name a few.

20. Jazper macrumors 6502a

If you bought it off Amazon, contact them and say you refuse return shipping and see what they say, Amazon have awesome support. ;)

21. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Fair enough, but for those of us with Amazon Prime, one of perks is free 2-day shipping on items listed a "Prime". Spigen cases were listed as Prime and yet wouldn't ship for weeks. IMO, that's not being impatient. That's expecting the service you've paid for.

22. zalusky macrumors newbie

I ordered waited a few weeks then requested cancellation. They would just send a boilerplate email to return the product when you get it.

I then waited another 3 weeks after the cancellation and it finally arrived. I told the postman to return it as I did not want it.

I then had to wait a week for it to return to them and another two weeks for them to actually process the return.

Virtually everybody else lets you cancel on the spot if it hasn't shipped yet.

I wont touch these guys again.

23. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

No biggie.

Obliq and ZeroLemon cases look to be made by the same place that makes the Spigen cases. They look identical and have the same colors. I got one Spigen, one Obliq, and one ZeroLemon and I don't see a difference.

24. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

Spigen disappeared from eBay about 3 weeks ago. I'm not sure how long they were gone, but it was very brief.