Amazon Electronics Trade-In?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Noisemaker, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Noisemaker Guest

Has anyone here used this? I'm having no luck selling my iPhone 4S locally, and it's looking more appealing - especially with new iPads coming in just under two weeks.

Is it safe, and reliable to expect the quoted price?

2. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I used it.
    I sent them my IP4s and my IP4
    I got the expected for the IP4s (like new)
    But was told my IP4 was "good".

worked very well. It's not cash, but with christmas coming a HUGE amazon credit works for me.

3. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

I've sold quite a few things through Amazon trade in. Its not as quick as Gazelle, but they usually pay more. I've never had anything decreased. I've always gotten what they quoted me or more. I would wholeheartedly recommend their service.

4. Noisemaker thread starter Guest

Have you bought Apple products through Amazon before? I'm attempting to find ones actually sold by Amazon, rather than some small dealer that's just fulfilled by them. I'd probably just turn around and buy an iPad Mini on the second, but I'd prefer to buy direct from Amazon for reliability.

How long was the turn-around time?

5. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I haven't bought apple products there before, but totally would.

6. dylanursula macrumors 6502

I think your experience varies on who reviews it. Sent two iphone4 phones and both got decreased. My previous trades all were kept at the same level.

7. Noisemaker thread starter Guest

I'd imagine it's more of an issue with iPhones because of the headphones. To get "excellent" it states that you have to have everything with it. I'd imagine old, used headphones put a damper on things.

I'm curious if they'll actually have iPad Minis available on launch day through Amazon, or if I'd end up waiting significantly longer.