Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Have a few Apple TVs and iOS devices. Maybe need another one and was thinking maybe a change, looking at Amazon fire TV since no new updates for Apple TV.

But can you airplay to Amazon TV anyone know? I have non jailbroke iOS devices, is there a way with maybe an app anyway?

I don't have one yet so anyone have please? Can it stream video, pictures etc

Thanks

VolceOntra

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2007
There are several apps that do that. XBMC and AirReciever. I believe they are both available from the Fire TV App Store.

They won't work as good as the official AirPlay since AirPlay is not spec...

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Amazon fire TV airplay possible?

Thanks I'll try and have a look at those app's. Are they also available on Google app store to view?

Yeh won't be as smooth but as long as work then I'd be happy. It would have to be able to stream stuff from an iPad or iPhone though, out otherwise I'd get another Apple TV.

Just thought maybe if the fire TV could airplay, it also has a few other features and is same price as Apple TV so thought for a change.

It must airplay smoothly and work ok though.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
not really related but Amazon is offering pre-order of Amazon Fire Stick (roku stick and chromecast competitor) now.

And for new or current prime members its $19 ($20 off)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.