Amazon For iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by srl7741, Apr 25, 2010.

1. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Has anyone used the Amazon App on the iPad yet? I'm wondering how well it works being a Universal App?

iTunes Link
    AppShopper Link:

2. JReynolds macrumors 6502

Most apps like this seem almost useless now. For example, Facebook is amazing on safari! (once they fix the chat issue)

I think there will be many apps out there changed over for the iPad just to make a buck for the dev through adds, but IMO, there is no need.

3. JReynolds macrumors 6502

To argue with myself, the eBay app is pretty awesome so.....

I guess if the interface is clean and easily navigated then bring on the app versions of websites!

4. emaja macrumors 68000

I used it for the iPhone and downloaded it for the iPad. I am not sure what difference it will make now with the larger iPad screen though.

5. srl7741 thread starter macrumors 68020

srl7741

I like the iPhone App and don't have a connection to the web at the moment to download it to my iPad. I'm going to have to wait till tomorrow sometime.

I'm just wondering if anyone has used it yet on the iPad and has any first impressions.

6. Advil macrumors 6502a

I disagree. I think websites like amazon and Facebook should most definitely continue to develop iPad apps. Creating multitouch versions of the websites adds a lot to the iPad experience. Creating an immersive experience makes me enjoy the device a lot more. I'd rather have something that i can't see or do just on any computer.

Can you buy kindle books via the amazon app?

7. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

You can, but it's not immediately obvious. The only way I've found is to actually search for "(title) kindle".

I quite like the amazon app, and the way it presents the info in a different way, but the scrolling seems to lag a lot.

8. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

The Amazon iPad app seems really nice. Used it last night to buy a few items.