Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matt342

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
Hi!

I'm planning on buying a new Mac with the free "Super-saver" shipping. If anyone used this method of shipping, how much time did it take for your mac to arrive?

~Matt

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

Super saver is anywhere from 3-7 days based on my experience.

CrisK

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2007
I just received my Mac Mini from Amazon and used the free shipping option.

I ordered the Mini late on Monday, October 22 and it shipped via USPS the following Monday, October 29. It was delivered on Thursday, November 1, for a total of 8 business days.

I also bought the Apple Keyboard on the same order as the Mini and that shipped on Tuesday, October 23 and was delivered on Wednesday, October 24. So, it is hard to predict when Amazon actually ships the Super Saver orders, but I think it is safe to assume about 5-7 business days for delivery.

This is from the Amazon Super Saver Shipping page:
"Please note that your order may take an additional 3 to 5 business days to ship out from our fulfillment center. Transit time for Super Saver Shipping orders is 5 to 9 business days after shipping."
http://www.amazon.com/supersavershipping

Hope this helps,
Cris

Matt342

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
Do you mean UPS?

~Matt

I just received my Mac Mini from Amazon and used the free shipping option.

I ordered the Mini late on Monday, October 22 and it shipped via USPS the following Monday, October 29. It was delivered on Thursday, November 1, for a total of 8 business days.

I also bought the Apple Keyboard on the same order as the Mini and that shipped on Tuesday, October 23 and was delivered on Wednesday, October 24. So, it is hard to predict when Amazon actually ships the Super Saver orders, but I think it is safe to assume about 5-7 business days for delivery.

This is from the Amazon Super Saver Shipping page:
"Please note that your order may take an additional 3 to 5 business days to ship out from our fulfillment center. Transit time for Super Saver Shipping orders is 5 to 9 business days after shipping."
http://www.amazon.com/supersavershipping

Hope this helps,
Cris

Matt342

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
Thanks. So I'm guessing that if they send it via UPS it's gonna ship faster? My Mac Pro will probably ship via UPS right?

The Mini shipped USPS and the keyboard shipped UPS Ground.

CrisK

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2007
Thanks. So I'm guessing that if they send it via UPS it's gonna ship faster? My Mac Pro will probably ship via UPS right?

I can't guarantee how Amazon will ship the Mac Pro because I don't work there, but I would guess that an item of that expense and weight would be shipped via UPS. But, the way that Super Saver shipping works (most of the time) is you make the order and Amazon waits 3-5 business days BEFORE they even ship it. Then it is just a matter of how close you are to the shipping center.

Matt342

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
OK. Do you know where I can sign up for the Amazon Prime trial?

I can't guarantee how Amazon will ship the Mac Pro because I don't work there, but I would guess that an item of that expense and weight would be shipped via UPS. But, the way that Super Saver shipping works (most of the time) is you make the order and Amazon waits 3-5 business days BEFORE they even ship it. Then it is just a matter of how close you are to the shipping center.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.