Amazon has $200 in freebies when you buy a macbook pro - printers, office supplies...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by scrapple, Aug 10, 2010.

1. scrapple macrumors regular

scrapple

Im debating on whether its a good deal or not. I see that applecare is one of the items you can get the discount on as well...

Id rather have an free ipod touch from amazon though..

Details:

Linky to Macbook Deal

2. PurpleShaman macrumors member

if your MBP comes with a defect/problem can u just take it to the apple store and get it fixed or do you have to send it back to amazon?

3. vty macrumors member

You have to send it back to Amazon IIRC.

I purchased my MBP from Amazon simply based on the fact that I didn't have to pay any taxes on it. Haven't had any problems at all.

4. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

if you're gonna return it then yes you send it back to Amazon obviously but you're talking about getting it repaired under warranty, it is to be sent to Apple or you can go to the apple store, not amazon

5. rogerh macrumors member

You can take it to an Apple Store / Genius Bar to get it fixed...

If you want to return it it obviously needs to be shipped back to Amazon.

6. scrapple thread starter macrumors regular

scrapple

7. DVD9 macrumors 6502a

Where do you see this? I see "textbooks", "office supplies", "printers" and "ink".
    --

8. menomano macrumors member

How the @#$ do you find anything that qualifies? I go to "office supplies" e.g. and there is barely anything in there.

You have to have that student prime logo for an item to qualify but I cant find a way to get a list of all qualifying items. argh

9. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

unless your location = KS, KY, ND, NY and WA

10. DKYang macrumors newbie

It's under office supplies. Amazon has a strange way of sorting some of their items. Go to office supplies, look for all of the brands names. Then select Apple. I only saw the 15" and 17" applecare version available.

There are some nice cases available also under office supplies so if anyone expects to buy some cases with there macbook, like me, it's worth it, plus saving tax.