Amazon has a deal on Lion

Discussion in 'iMac' started by TinyDee, Aug 14, 2011.

1. TinyDee macrumors member

Just got a email that Lion can be from at Amazon with a discount. Hmmm...

2. Spike88, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011

Spike88 macrumors 6502a

Not too sure if that's a true "media leak" or not. Only time will tell...

Call me old school but I love "in my hands" media for all OS upgrades and large size applications. The idea of "me" downloading the large code, creating my own DVD or USB sticks turns me off. I'd rather have a shrink wrap DVD and when installing, it does an online validation authetication check. With "real" physical media in my hands, I have a fully tested MASTER source (and backup). Fully tested by Apple - so the risk of perfect contents is now on them. Apple (or other companies) telling me to download my own OS code or Major applicatons (which chews up my Internet B/W usage meter) to make my own DVD is stupid. They should sell me real media (like the old days) and we're done. No fuss / no muss on my part.... Why are we allowing them (Apple) to "push" the DVD creation costs and its hassles down to the user (me)? I don't want fuss. That's why I bought an iMac. Long mumblings short.... I will wait for the DVD media to be avalable as well. Hopefully, they will start selling DVD version in late Oct / Nov - after Lion becomes much more stable.

Only time will tell...