Amazon Instant Video airplay with Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by has.marvel, Sep 8, 2014.

1. has.marvel macrumors member

I have an ATV 3. When I first started using the Amazon Instant Video app on my retina iPad with airplay to the Apple TV, all worked great. Lately, it stops playing after 20 minutes or so and goes thru a lot of clocking. Sometimes it starts up again and continues playing for awhile. Other times it throws me completely out of the player and I have to go back, reselect the show I am watching and resume playing. It will continue to have issues for the rest of the viewing period. I also notice the iPad gets very hot during this time.

Last night I tried viewing thru a smart blu-ray player that has Amazon instant capability and it played just fine without a problem. The interface is a little clunky and it has to go thru a bunch of network checks and spooling before it will play, but once started, it plays right on thru.

Anyone else seeing the airplay issues with Amazon Instant? If so, do you know a fix? Thanks.

2. 2010mini macrumors 68040

I've never had an issue. Are both your iPad and Apple TV on the latest iOS?

3. EssentialGadget macrumors newbie

No problem.....

Just binge watched Alpha on non-retina mini to ATV3. No Problems. Using latest IOS etc.

4. has.marvel thread starter macrumors member

Yes. Both are on latest software. This has been a sort of recent issue (last couple of months)

5. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Turn off and unplug the Apple TV. Then reconnect it and see if that solves the issue.

6. NukeIT macrumors regular

Every once in a while I have issues. But a reboot always seems to solve them.