Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon this week introduced one of the first discounts on Apple's brand new 15-inch M3 MacBook Air. Only one model is on sale: the 256GB 15-inch M3 MacBook Air in Starlight is available for $1,234.00, down from $1,299.00.

macbook-air-new-blue.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

At $65 off, this is a new all-time low price on the 15-inch M3 MacBook Air. Best Buy has a larger selection of deals with essentially every 13-inch and 15-inch M3 MacBook Air on sale at $50 off, but the catch is you'll need a My Best Buy Plus/Total membership to see the deals.

macbook-air-blue.jpg

Additionally, we're tracking fresh discounts on the previous generation 13-inch M2 MacBook Air at Best Buy. You can get the 256GB model for $899.00 in all colors and the 512GB model for $1,099.00 in all colors. Both of these are $100 markdowns and all-time low prices.

Apple's MacBook Air lineup can be a bit confusing to navigate, so be sure to read our buyer's guides comparing the generations and the difference between Apple's M2 and M3 chips. Head to our full Deals Roundup to get caught up with all of the latest deals and discounts that we've been tracking over the past week.

Article Link: Amazon Introduces New Record Low Price on 15-Inch M3 MacBook Air, Plus $100 Off Previous Gen Models

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
A lot of folks are saying buy the M2 while the price is low... and that's not a bad strategy, but this person put out there why the M3 might deserve a second look.

bottom line is there are enough features out there that are different that over the life of the machine might justify the price difference.

Reactions: SuperCachetes

MysticCow

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2013
I will gladly test out any M3 Air system, even with the stock 8 GB of RAM, for anyone. You will likely have to buy a second one for yourself, but the joys of knowing what to expect might be too important for you to pass up. ;)

(yes, this is a silly post)

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2015
You can tell by sales everywhere… across the west that things are just not selling. I mean i think its a positive environmentally… i think we need to have a sit down and think about how our economies can develop in the near future… the constant cycle of increased sales can not go on forever as things are.

Very few companies seem to be addressing the situation… it’s the definition of stupid, doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result. They need a new sustainable economic model.

Ive been looking around a few apple stores recently and they were very very quiet, everywhere seems quiet. People are just not buying.

Reactions: mjs916 and uczcret

SuperCachetes

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2010
Away from you
A lot of folks are saying buy the M2 while the price is low... and that's not a bad strategy, but this person put out there why the M3 might deserve a second look.

bottom line is there are enough features out there that are different that over the life of the machine might justify the price difference.
I agree with this, and that is coming from someone who will use their current M2 Air for another 5-6 years.

It looks like Apple is keeping the SSD/memory upgrades at the same pricing increments between the M2/M3 models (for now) so the delta between the old and new is always only $100. Even if someone was held to the entry-level base model, I think my recommendation would be to just save up another $100 and go with the M3. Easier said than done for some, maybe, but even at the end of 2024 buying an M3 MBA will still get you a great machine. As suggested in the video, at a $200 delta, the M2 starts to look like a better comparative value...

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Elusi and G5isAlive

mjs916

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2018
Sacramento, CA
20 years ago, this just wouldn't happen.. sales were a big event... but now they are all year round.

A new product is released... and within a week its on sale 😂
It’s almost always through Amazon and Best Buy also. I’m certain they get them for much better than $65 off themselves so they can afford to do it to move their product. Trying to become the go to retailers for Apple apparently.

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2015
It’s almost always through Amazon and Best Buy also. I’m certain they get them for much better than $65 off themselves so they can afford to do it to move their product. Trying to become the go to retailers for Apple apparently.
They will have special pricing for the bulk they buy. And for many its a good choice... Amazons delivery network is unrivalled across the world. And you can still buy Apple Care etc... The special experience of getting it from Apple Store is long gone... like in a previous post on Apple Stores... I think they are cold sterile environments... not a place you'd spend any more time than you actually need... bright lights! turn them down...

TracesOfArsenic

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2018
I'll grab two of them for such a generous discount! Well done, Timmy. You're successfully turning Apple into nineties MS.

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
not selling well.
This is Amazon doing a very small discount. Amazon and Bestbuy do most of their sales on “discounted” products because that is what people expect from them. People are much less likely to buy something at list price from either vendor. This is a token discount to bring the price below list. This doesn’t really say anything about how the overall product is selling.

Reactions: Spock1234

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
$65 is not much but still nice to see discount on brand new MacBook Air. Should be seeing more discount in the coming months.

deepan84

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2014
Sales are terrible outside of USA. Especially in Asia. Blame the strong USD and affordable competition (Huawei/Oppo/Xiaomi).

TECK

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2011
"Record low" is such a popular adjective around here.

I better get two. Who knows when I'll get the change to save 5% again!
Another one used regularly is “ground breaking” low price of $30 less. For for the love of God editors, stop using stupidly pompous words, is a $50 discount!! A more appropriate post would be: This product is offered with an insignificant $50 discount on a $1300 price, if you’re interested to get it.

Reactions: Jhonjhon236

Zander90

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2024
This model is pure click bait so they can say starting ‘from 1299’ knowing full well anyone with any sense wouldn’t pay over 1k for a laptop with 256gb non-upgradeable storage in 2024.

• Disagree
Reactions: SuperCachetes

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
Why have we still not got any of the MBA 15 M3 with 16/512 on Amazon UK yet? The US site has them, why not UK?

aknabi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2011
"Record low" is such a popular adjective around here.

I better get two. Who knows when I'll get the change to save 5% again!
Clearly "record low" pricing means updated models incoming!!! "Ground breaking" M4 MacBook Airs will be released into the market... bet on it. Gruber's got nothin' on me.

bgillander

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2007
Another one used regularly is “ground breaking” low price of $30 less. For for the love of God editors, stop using stupidly pompous words, is a $50 discount!! A more appropriate post would be: This product is offered with an insignificant $50 discount on a $1300 price, if you’re interested to get it.
$50 might be insignificant to you, but it might not be insignificant to others, so that would be assigning an opinion. A "record low" price at least has a verifiable meaning, and I personally appreciate being informed whether it is the first time a price has been reached or if it is just a repeat of an earlier sale price. I'm not in the USA, so I'm not used to an Apple product that is less than a week old having any discount, therefore any discount sounds better than the "record low" full retail price that I see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.