Amazon is all out of iMacs.......

Discussion in 'iMac' started by crzdcolombian, Sep 21, 2013.

1. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

I really hope the update is this week. It's like seriously Apple HERE IS ALL MY MONEY JUST TAKE IT !!!

[​IMG]

I want a 2nd gen Mini, new iMac and just got the 5s.

2. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

And they'll be back in stock next week. On a side note, I'm getting sick of that meme.....

3. crzdcolombian thread starter macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

haha I found it kind of late and still in love with it. I didn't watch the office until the last season so I still find "that's what she said" hilarious !!

4. KaraH macrumors 6502

*sigh* again?

One more time. Amazon does not keep all the inventory they will ever need until the end of time on hand. If they had their ideal they could predict buying patterns *exactly*. In that case you would always be buying the last one in stock of anything.

5. crzdcolombian thread starter macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

so them running out of a year old system every week around thursday is normal for them? Only thing I ever seen them run out of

6. richard13 macrumors 6502a

While I agree with your sentiment, and I'd love for it to be true (i'm waiting for a new iMac too), I have to agree with KaraH's logic. Amazon is a reseller not a manufacturer of Apple (and many, many other's) products. In a perfect world they would get just in time shipments of things people want in the morning, have them sent back out to customers, and at the end of the day have empty warehouses. I think a much better indicator that things are about to change is watching Apple's own inventory.

7. KaraH macrumors 6502

*headdesk*

Repeat after me. Warehouse stores try to predict buying patterns as close as they can to avoid too much warehouse space being used. Sometimes they are high, sometimes they are low.

I want to see a refresh too but amazon or best buy 'running out' of something does not indicate that. It just means the whatsit is not in stock at that second, not that it does not exist. A new bunch of 2012 iMacs can be on a truck going up their driveway right now but until accepted by the warehouse they are out of stock of them.

8. crzdcolombian thread starter macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

totally get that but they have been out of all of them since Thursday and out of the base 21.5 and 27 since Wednesday:D

maybe just wishful thinking but seems like a long time to be out. They also were out for a while last week of both base models

9. tikitommy macrumors regular

The base 27 has been out of stock since Thursday September 12th. I know because the wife finally agreed to let me buy one and I've been waiting ever since. And I've been stalking the amazon price for the last two months. This is 3x longer than any shortage amazon has had before. Which makes me hope the update is very soon.

10. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

there is no mac refresh within the next week. people read into too many things.

11. automan98 macrumors member

It means nothing. Wait to the Mavericks announcement to see the imac updates.

12. WilliamG macrumors 604

New iMacs out today. What say you now? :p

13. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

waddyaknow, I was wrong! however, in response to the OP, Amazon is a 3rd party reseller, and as such, they would not know when Apple would be rolling out new updates or at least kept in the loop. they do have low stocks to prevent having too much inventory, and its not always an indication. that was my point.

14. crzdcolombian thread starter macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

Hadoken!!!!

So happy to be right!!! New Mac Day!!!!!!