Amazon Kindle App for iOS Gains Support for iPad's Split View

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 19, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

The Amazon Kindle app for iOS devices, which is designed to allow Amazon-purchased ebooks to be read on the iPhone and iPad, was today updated with several new features.

On compatible iPad models, there's now support for Split View, so you can use the Amazon Kindle app side-by-side with other apps for multitasking while reading.

[​IMG]

In addition to Split View support, today's update adds continuous scrolling, a feature that lets you scroll through books like you would an iPad. You can activate the option by going to Settings and turning on continuous scrolling. Once enabled, the feature can be turned on and off using the Aa menu in your book.

Amazon has also added a feature to pull down in your book library to refresh the list of available books, and there are new Kindle dictionaries for Arabic.
    Amazon Kindle can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Amazon Kindle App for iOS Gains Support for iPad's Split View

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Better late than never. Same logic as Mac mini :D

3. NoImage macrumors newbie

NoImage

Now if they would build split screen into the Prime Video app....

4. pdaholic macrumors 65816

pdaholic

Wow vertical scrolling. I have no reason to purchase more expensive iBooks anymore. Thanks Amazon!

5. adamjackson macrumors 65816

Why would you want to read a book while browsing the web? I use the Kindle application because there are no distractions.

6. pdaholic macrumors 65816

pdaholic

From my standpoint, I have a textbook open and scroll through reading. I love having a second window open with a browser to search a little more on a subject when I come across something new. If I were reading for pleasure...that’s a different scenario and I prefer to have no distractions.

7. RevTEG macrumors 6502

RevTEG

This is perfect for my use case. Having a browser available for additional research or a notes app open for notes. For some reason I don't like keeping notes inside my kindle books. I like to have the notes in my reference files. However, just for normal reading split view wouldn't be needed.

8. Bruno Jenso macrumors newbie

At last! Been waiting for this for so long - I started to doubt they would ever do it for some internal bs reasoning.

For those not understanding the need/point of split screen for eBooks - here's another perfect case scenario: Study!

Book / Notes. Goodnotes and Kindle are now a dynamite combination on a 12.9 or 10.5 iPad. Insane it took this long - especially from an education point of view. Also any decent typing note app and kindle can now combine. Bear or Ulysses are about the best imo.

The Kindle app is approaching perfection now - *except* for the lack of global search across all books (including notes) from the Library view. Again *very* important for schools, colleges and personal study. Also split-screen within the app for cross referencing two books should happen too.

But thank you Amazon for (finally) adding split view.

9. dchdch macrumors newbie

Finally, I'll be able to take notes while I'm reading in the Kindle!