Amazon Kindle Repair Service

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ucfgrad93, May 1, 2010.

1. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So, back in January my wife bought me a Kindle 2 for my birthday. It has been a great e-book reader and I really enjoy it. I read for pleasure and for my graduate classes on the Kindle. Last night, as I was packing up my backpack for class, I put my Kindle in it. However, I forgot to zip up the pocket it was in. When I put on my backpack to carry it out to the car, my Kindle took a header on to my hardwood floor. I estimate that it fell about 3 or maybe 4 feet. The screen didn't crack and it still works fine. However, the top piece of plastic on the back came undone by the volume rocker. There is about a 3-4mm gap between the back plastic and the front housing.

My wife had purchased the extended warrenty for it and it does cover accidental damage. So I called up the warrenty service this afternoon. I explained the situation. The rep replied that the Kindle should have not been damaged by a fall of that height. He then transfered me to Amazon support for the Kindle. After explaining what happened again, the rep repeated what the other rep said about the Kindle surviving a fall like I described. They are sending me another Kindle on Monday, which I should get on Tuesday. And they are even covering the shipping of my new Kindle and for sending my old one back. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the outcome.:D

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to share my story of excellent customer service by Amazon and the warrenty company they selected for the extended warrenty of their Kindle.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yep, Amazon is awesome. I bought a DVD from them once and it arrived scratched. I told Amazon, they sent me a new one, paid the postage for me to send the damaged one back, and gave me a gift certificate for my trouble. Definitely the best service I've seen :)