Amazon Macbook rebate

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by weizilla, Feb 13, 2008.

1. weizilla macrumors regular

I've been considering getting a macbook but I've been hesitant about it because my current laptop works fine. However, right now, Amazon has a $100 mail in rebate for the black macbook which brings it to $1399.00, free shipping, no tax. The only other places to buy it are Apple refurb ($1,299) or Apple retail ($1399 w/ edu discount) but I live in NYS so tax is ~$100 and pretty much reduces any savings or I end up with a refurb model for what could of been the same price as a new one.
    So:
    Amazon (until 2/18): $1499 - $100 (rebate) = $1399 new
    Apple Retail: $1499 - $100 (edu) + $110 (tax) = $1510 new
    Apple Refurb: $1299 + $110 (tax) = $1399 refurb

The only problem is that this Amazon rebate ends on the 18th (next Monday) and I still haven't made a decision about buying a macbook yet. What are the chances of a rebate like this happening again?

Here's the link to the product in question: Amazon

Any chance this rebate is for clearing out macbooks for new releases soon or am I just grasping at straws from reading this forum for too long? :)

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the rebates are continuously rolling. they've been around since the original core duos. so when the current rebate ends, another one will start up again. don't worry, take your time in making the purchase.