Amazon Macbook Stock Issue?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Icehawk, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Icehawk macrumors member

Icehawk

I was looking at getting a 15 inch Macbook Pro, and I’ve noticed amazon has 1 version of both Airs and only the entry 15” in stock that they’re selling themselves. No 13” or high end 15”. Been paying attention for a couple weeks, and was wondering if anyone knew of any issues? Just seems odd for this time of year to me.

Thanks!

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Very strange - had low supplies of everything lately. Having been watching this specific though.

3. Icehawk thread starter macrumors member

Icehawk

I was wondering if it was because of Yosemite, but you'd think being Amazon they wouldn't have any issues with receiving product from Apple. Thankfully my mid 2009 13" is still going strong, so I'm in no rush.

4. Icehawk thread starter macrumors member

Icehawk

Fyi, this may mean nothing, but I restricted my search to amazon stock. When I click on MBP, it lists only the entry level models of both mbps. The one that's out of stock says so. This leads me to believe they currently aren't stocking the non-entry level models.

For a while, they were listing another 13", but had a note about a potential issue related to their stock. They may have just pulled the entries for the models they had gotten reports of issues on. *shrugs*

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

They have not stocked any of the 2014 high end models.

6. Icehawk thread starter macrumors member

Icehawk

Really? None of them. Strange. This Data Vision place looks like they sell a lot of them through amazon. Their loss I guess.

Thanks!