Amazon Mispacking Again!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ariesfeng, Apr 7, 2008.

1. ariesfeng macrumors member

Several days ago, I read a post about Amazon sent a macbook pro instead of macbook black. I have never thought that the opposite thing will happen on me!!!

I have never used mac before and have been researching for months. I finally ordered a Macbook Pro 2.4G 200G with one-day shipping on Amazon. I was so excited since this would be the first mac I have ever used! (I am a PR).

However, when the box was delivered to me on Friday, I felt upset! They sent me an APPLE Airport Extreme Base Station instead of my Macbook Pro!!!!!!! What's going on here??????

I will be out of country on Monday and I will call Amazon on Tuesday.

Is there any possibility that they let me keep the Airport Extreme Base Station and give me full refund? (I will probably let my wife get a mbp from apple store on Monday, I cannot trust them).

I think they should have the record of mispacking, right? I mean they should be able to know they sent wrong thing to me so that I do not have to argue with them.

OKAY! I just called Amazon and the guy pulled out the information and admitted that they sent my Macbook Pro to the wrong guy (I am in Utah and my MBP was sent to NYC!). He ask me to send the router back and he will refund my money)

2. JGF0x macrumors member

I sincerely doubt they'll give you a free router for your troubles. They're probably going to ask you to send it back and they will ship the Macbook Pro to you.

3. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Considering the wastage of time the absolute least they can give you is an Airport Extreme... It all depends on what sort of a sales rep you get. talk sweet.

i thought amazon were a very efficientr company, obviously wont buy anything more than cds ordvds from them anymore

4. saltyzoo macrumors 65816

saltyzoo

Yes, because one anecdotal experience read on the internet is reason enough to never again buy from a huge company with years of reputable service.

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

This is a joke, right?

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I buy camera lenses and cameras that cost waaay more then macbook pros from amazon all the time and never had a problem.

7. bananaquit macrumors member

Sometimes it's shocking to be treated so well, especially by a giant, but that has been my Amazon experience. Give them a chance, and they will fix it.

8. closeupman macrumors member

closeupman

So I guess you've never made a mistake in your life, huh Mr. Perfect?

What is it with the consumer(especially American) thinking that a company should give you something because they made a SIMPLE error. You should call them up and they 'should' instruct you to either (a) send it back to them and they will credit you the postage you paid to send it back or (b) they send you a shipping label, or use the one they included already I believe. Then they will send you the correct item. Or they will send you the correct item first and you just give the router to the delivery guy when he brings the correct item. Simple as pie.

I can understand you being upset, but do you really believe you deserve a FREE router for a simple mistake, especially if the resolve it in a quick and efficient manner???

My example:
    I got great customer service from an art supply company. A frame with what's supposed to be plexiglass arrived with the glass broken. They said they would send a new one and just throw away the one I had(the frame was fine so I kept it and tossed the glass). The same thing happened again with the new one they shipped and I just asked for a refund instead of trying a third time, which they cheerfully did. I would gladly have sent them back the item, but they said again to just toss it.

9. saltyzoo macrumors 65816

saltyzoo

I'll bet the second one came fine and you just claimed it was broken. Especially if you're Australian.

I'm just kidding. Also just making a point that while I agree with you in general, I don't agree with your stereotyping Americans as you have. It's no more accurate than my humorous stereotyping of Australians as criminals. There are plenty of people with unreasonable entitlement expectations in societies beyond America.

10. lgs222 macrumors newbie

They'll have to believe you and you'll probably have to send the airport back. But you will get what you paid for one day shipping back, if you ask. I didn't even have to ask when my package arrived late, the Amazon rep offered the shipping money back. After all, you paid extra for it to arrive in one day and it didn't.

11. szsiddiq macrumors 6502

szsiddiq

Did you order from Amazing direct or from a market place seller? Amazon direct is usually very friendly with customer service (i once sent them a question asking why a white pair of headphones was cheaper than the exact same pair of black headphones and they gave me a gift certificate for the price difference. Keep in mind, i didnt complain, i just asked to see if there was in fact a difference. They're thoughtful!)

12. cohibadad macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

I've used Amazon since they were born and I really have nothing bad to say about their service. No company is perfect and they are far above average in my experience.

13. mwpeters8182 macrumors 6502

Agreed - I have nothing bad to say about Amazon as a company. I've had shipping issues with them on occasion (I order a lot from them), and they've always been quick to fix them, usually overnighting something for me if they've made a mistake, and paying for shipping for anything I had to send back.

14. closeupman macrumors member

closeupman

No the second one came broken as well, I wanted the FULL product as I need to showcase artwork, not the measly $20 odd dollars I was refunded. Now I have to try to find it from another source.

Ahha, you're not EXCLUDING America! :p

I am American, so I know whereof I speak! :)

15. closeupman macrumors member

closeupman

I bet that guy in NYC is cursing you out now...:p
    Would've been the Cheapest MBP ever! :rolleyes:

16. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

In my experience Amazon is (customer service wise) one of the best, if not the best, companies on the internet. It's been one of their priorities since the beginning of the company, they've sacrificed some of their profit for customer service time and time again (think Super Saver shipping).

17. mkaake macrumors 65816

My last experience with them was good - I needed to get one last item before Christmas, and couldn't find it *anywhere* locally. Found it on Amazon, and it was advertised all over their site as the last day to order with basic shipping and have the items arrive on time.

I go to place the order, and it says with standard shipping it would arrive 4 days after Christmas, and the only way to receive it on time was to increase to 2-day shipping.

I checked (and double checked) their front page and other areas of the site, and the shipping claim was still posted... so I called, expecting the worst (it's a shame how little customer service there is these days). Instead of a fight, or a long drawn out back-and-forth, or "I'm sorry, I don't understand the problem" - I explained what was going on. They placed the order, bumped my shipping up to next day at no charge, and I was off the phone in under 5 minutes.

I was so blown away, I didn't know what to do. It was the right thing for them to do, but I really didn't expect it.

Anyway, Amazon is great.

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

What is it with these over-entitled people equating this type of attitude to a nation full of people who most likely don't think this way? Mindless thoughts. I can tell you people from the UK do the exact same.

OP, give back the MBP, get your MB and forget about the free stuff. Really, you don't deserve special treatment for an honest mistake that they're ready to fix today.

Gosh I wish HTML was disabled for newbies. :rolleyes:

19. closeupman macrumors member

closeupman

Jess, maybe you should READ the post before responding. He got a router not a MBP. He wants a MBP not a MB! :p