Phones Amazon New Product Announcement June 18th

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Rodster, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

2. apolloa macrumors G4

Yes, will be interesting to see what they launch. Also be interesting to see the price point and how their skin works on a phone, presumably they'll launch a phone, with head tracking tech.

3. TheRealCBONE macrumors regular

I'm interested in seeing what Amazon brings to the table. They don't make too many missteps, so whatever they're bringing out needs to have something more than a gimmicky interface.

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Why did make me laugh so hard? :D

BTW .. I don't think it's a phone.

5. bunchofpenguins macrumors member

Honestly, Amazon is everything that is wrong with big business these days. I'm 100% not interested. If it is a phone, then what's the point? If Microsoft is struggling to break into the market then there is no way that Amazon is going to be able to... especially when their app store is completely terrible compared to the competitors.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I can't wait to see what Amazon is going to do.

7. nfl46 macrumors 604

My next phone. Lol. Naw, just kidding. Not interested. But, I'll check it out.

8. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

9. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

10. Rodster thread starter macrumors 68040

The rumors on most tech sites point to a phone with 3D interface and Amazon introducing a phone service to compete with the likes Straight Talk, T Mobile etc.

I'm interested in the phone service.

11. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I'm interested in all of it - maybe not to purchase, but at least to know more about.

I wonder if there will be a stream or video of the keynote/presentation....

12. mclld macrumors 68020

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Looks like it might finally be the much rumored phone from them. I'm not sure its going to be as popular as they hope - just because there's so many other android phone offerings. I wonder what incentives they'll have to get people to buy it.

14. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

They've built up a pretty nice little ecosystem of Amazon services.

Also - how many Android devices are REALLY popular outside of Samsung? Amazon has as good a shot as any of them at this point to fight for 2nd or 3rd in the Android space.

15. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I'm curious to see it and any unique functionality, but at the same time am fairly certain it won't be something I'll purchase.

16. mclld macrumors 68020

Amazon's version of Android is pretty much the Fisher Price of Android but I would bet it would sell very well. Most people prefer the simplicity

17. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

If it's an Android phone it will interesting to see what they bring to the table if it isn't then I'm not really bothered.

18. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

Amazon's big problem is they haven't figure out that no one gives a flying turd about the Amazon app store. It's like they made a small subset of the Google Play store and then locked their devices to it. Devs don't like dealing with Amazon and it's not big enough that any of them are going to really care if they aren't included.

Say what you will about Samsung, at least they weren't stupid enough to limit their Galaxy line to their in-house app store.