Amazon no longer selling Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MVApple, Nov 2, 2008.

1. MVApple macrumors 6502a

So today I went to my cart where I had a base MBP and I got a message saying its no longer available from that seller. I find this odd because if its out of stock it would say its out of stock and give an estimation of when it would be back in stock. Instead its says its no longer available from the seller. Anyone hear anything about this?

I have a significant sum in amazon gift cards, but I can also make the purchase with J&R through amazon. Anyone have any experience with J&R? Their return policy for online stuff is 30 days and it doesn't say anything about their being a restocking fee for computers.

Note that they do have some macbooks still in stock, but those that aren't in stock are no longer available to purchase through Amazon.

2. MVApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

They are back, maybe a small glitch? Or Not! Amazon now has a $100 rebate. I was going to say this was a useless thread, but maybe not.

If you are in california, Amazon=No Taxes+$34.03 off retail price+$100 rebate very cool :cool:

That almost equals Apple's prices for the ADC program (assuming you have to pay taxes).

*edit*

The $100 rebate pushed me over the edge. Sometime next week I should be playing with a new Macbook Pro. All I want for christmas now is to recieve a problem free computer.