Amazon One day shipping

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by guthy-lux, Oct 22, 2008.

1. guthy-lux macrumors member

finally new macbook 2.0GHz is available at amazon.com today (a few days after 2.4 became in stock). So I ordered with one day shipping.

I got a confirmation email but

Delivery estimate: October 27, 2008

It seems this item can't be shipped immediately while 2.4GHz one says like "Order within 12hr to get it on Thursday".

I don't understand why it can't be shipped immediately when it's in stock and accepting order with one day shipping option. If so, they should've kept it pre-order.

Is there any possibility I can get it earlier than delivery estimate?

Can I get refund for shipping fee if it's not delivered in one day? should I change it to two-day if it doesn't change the delivery date?

And there is no weekend delivery for One-Day or Two-Day Shipping...

2. bananabar macrumors regular

Why buy it from Amazon? Get it from Apple or in an Apple Store.

3. LinMac macrumors 65816

Sales tax.

4. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

Another reason: You'll generally get it quicker once they have them in stock (understanding that it is not working this way for the OP, of course), For example, I bought the last ibook rev in 2005 and ordered from Apple; I had to watch it track all the way from Shanghai, with 2 non-explained delays in China and Seattle (I am in Virginia). It took at least 10 days. The OP is looking at a faster than Apple shipment even with this unexplained delay. Than, along with no sales tax, is a big advantage to Amazon.

5. mdgolom macrumors 6502

It makes me wonder if Amazon doesn't really stock them in their warehouse and instead has them dropped shipped from somewhere else. This would add a extra day to the delivery.

6. guthy-lux thread starter macrumors member

Actually it was shipped on October 23, 2008 from CINCINNATI. Then LOUISVILLE KY, SYLMAR CA and delivered to LA today on October 24.

It came in a ridiculously long box, like 28x16x6 and another cardboard box (that I guess people buy at apple.com receive macbook in).