Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waltermitty

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
Has anyone ordered recently? I ordered the 11' with 128gb, 4gb yesterday without a coupon, not knowing about this surge of orders. Amazon says it may not come until the end of the month. Should I bite the bullet and buy from my local Apple store? The disadvantage would be California tax, recycling fee, and no discount. Probably $150. Or has Amazon been more conservative on their shipping estimates?

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Bought mine right before the coupon surge. They said that it would arrive august 8-15 but it came two days after my order on the 5th.

waltermitty

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
That's very reassuring, and consistent with my previous experiences with Amazon. Thanks! It was an impulse buy, so I want it NOW of course :)

misterneums

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2009
That's very reassuring, and consistent with my previous experiences with Amazon. Thanks! It was an impulse buy, so I want it NOW of course :)

I'm pretty sure you'll end up thinking it was the best purchase you've had in quite some time. I know I did.

waltermitty

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
I'm pretty sure you'll end up thinking it was the best purchase you've had in quite some time. I know I did.

I think I will too. This model will be replacing the 13' Macbook Pro that I purchased last August. I find myself never using it because it's too heavy to carry around in my already cumbersome briefcase. As a writer, I just need a light weight model with a full sized keyboard and a decent amount of battery life. The solid state drive is also appealing because of its lower failure rate and speed.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
Amazon never ceases to amaze me, I've had nothing but terrific purchase, and when needed, return experiences with them.

In nearly every case, their shipping estimates conservative, they usually always beat them. It's the very reason I've become such a frequent customer.

They are the first place I go for anything I want. I save sales tax, shipping is free, and in nearly every case I also save a significant amount on the purchase due to their discounts and specials.

In well over six years, I've never had one single problem with Amazon.

macrat

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2003
Maui
I ordered on Friday and it said 1-2 months. It's out for delivery today.

I ordered mine Saturday with the 20% Kindle Code and it showed a delivery date of Sept. 1 - 19. Based on what you said, I assume that Amazon has the item in their inventory, otherwise they would have labeled it "Out of Stock"?

I think I better start shopping for 13" Macbook Air bags!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.