Amazon Pre-orderers

Discussion in 'macOS' started by someone28624, Sep 3, 2009.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

Have you gotten your copy of SL yet? I'm beginning to feel like I'm the last person to get a copy.

2. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

3. ASFx macrumors regular

4. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

Got mine 9/2/2009 via Free Shipping. I also cancelled my order from earlier in the month when it was $29.99 when I saw they reduced it to $24.99.

5. ASFx macrumors regular

On Amazon you never need to cancel a preorder if they lower the price. Remember they do not charge you until they actually ship your item, so if they lower the price after you preordered, you will get the lower price.

6. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

My copy still isn't here. I'm ready to drive to the Apple store and just buy it already. Sooooo inpatient. I swear 10.6.1 is gonna be here before I get mine.

7. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Still. Not. Here.

And you poor people get to watch me bump this thread everyday. Until I get it. Or until I go to the Apple Store and buy a new copy already. I think the later may happen first. No mail tomorrow. Or Monday. Gah.

8. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

9. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tracked the package. Said they tried to deliver it today and left a notice. I was even looking for a notice and couldn't find one out there. I was home all day. It said I could pick it up today at post office. Tracking info said they left the notice at 4pm. My post office closed at noon. Gerrr. Tuesday it is, I guess.

10. SLR2009 macrumors regular

I received mine on monday but I haven't installed it yet. I'm waiting for some of the bugs to be ironed out before I upgrade.

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Amazon doesn't require a signature (at least nothing I've ordered from them including SL Family Pack).:confused:

Also I received mine Wednesday.

12. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I've never needed to sign for anything from Amazon before. This is just weird how long it's taking. And like I said, I don't see a label anywhere saying they missed me.

13. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I went to the post office today to "pick up" my copy of Snow Leopard. Waited in line for 45 minutes. First morning after holiday weekend they have ONE guy working. Met a crazy lady who brought three dogs in the post office with her and complained about how we let people with AIDs in public places but not dogs. True story.

Guy looks for my package for 10 minutes. Can't find it. Then tries to tell me they left it in my garage. No, I can promise it's not there.

Calls his supervisor. After looking it up on my e-mail on my cell phone, I give the supervisor my tracking number. 10 more minutes and he confirms it should be there. But it's not, of course.

He takes my contact info and tells me he'll call me.

But he doesn't.

Cliff notes: I still don't have my SL and I don't know where it is and neither does USPS.