amazon price went up on ipod touch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mexxx, Sep 16, 2009.

1. mexxx macrumors newbie

wow was about to order it too... and the price for the ipod touch 3g is now 299 not 279 like it was not too long ago.... i guess amazon wont be getting my business. but strange how prices changed.

2. Pumapayam macrumors member

Pumapayam

Amazon prices fluctuate daily. Why are you surprised.

I pre-ordered Snow Leopard multi-user pack for $49, but got it for $44 before it shipped since that was Amazon's policy, but last week it was $36.

Not a big deal just keep an eye out for what is fair to you and purchase it.

3. MVApple macrumors 6502a

Well if you're not a regular Amazon shopper then a one day sale would be a surprise.

But if you've been shopping with them for a while and are a compulsive price checker... then this is no surprise. They may drop the price tomorrow or next week, you just don't know.

That's why I ordered my 32gig yesterday with them. They use to have a policy that if the price dropped within 30 days of purchase they would refund you the difference if you called them but they axed that a while ago as it wasn't working for them. Still its tough to beat amazon's prices with no tax and free shipping. I can totally see why major retailers complain about the no tax, it really does hurt them at least with customers like me.

4. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

I wish they would have put the 64gb model on sale.

5. Pumapayam macrumors member

Pumapayam

They did, it was $379 at the time as well. Short lived and back to $399.

6. mexxx thread starter macrumors newbie

well at 299 its still a lot.. although no sale tax. but other retailers in my area (costco) have their ipod touches @ 279.99 with a 3 month return policy.. sexy if u ask me considering ima get 2. so the difference is only pocket change. costco will get my business this time.

7. macdoofus macrumors member

macdoofus had just placed an order for iPod Touch Fall 2009 $279.99 shipped. :eek:

8. 6daniels macrumors member

this ipod touch that apple released is not called an ipod touch 3G. Why you ask?? Because apple doesn't call these "The iPod Touch 3G" When the ipod touch 2G was announced it was called the ipod touch 2G this wasn't a upgrade that apple wanted.

9. CalsonicGTR macrumors newbie

Wow, I'm really happy I decided to pull the trigger as soon as I saw the price drop. I'm sure it will be back before too long.

10. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

$299 is what it costs. :eek:

11. mpb2000 macrumors regular

It's $287.97 right now. I'm waiting for the 64 GB to drop.

12. mexxx thread starter macrumors newbie

yea, but im just going to get my 2 ipod touches from costco, it will be 609 after taxes. they sell the unit @ 280.

13. mpb2000 macrumors regular

288*2 = $576, no tax, no shipping. Saves $31. The likelihood of having something go wrong with your ipod in 3 months is slim to none so that doesn't really get you much. Why do you want to pay more money?

14. mexxx thread starter macrumors newbie

that is very true, more than likely of something going wrong will be 1 out of a million. but the fact that if anything is updated "speculation here" from apple, then i am able to return it.. its just peace of mind and 30 bucks is well worth the peace of mind lol.