Amazon Prime App

kjmff5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Has anyone heard anything about there being an app that supports the Amazon Prime Instant Videos for iOS devices? I'd like to watch on my iPhone/iPad, maybe there's a work around for this?

macbwizard

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2005
That would be great. I don't think it's coming though when Amazon has their own competing tablets in the market.

Comment

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
We all wish but that would really hurt the kindle fire sales (especially as bad as they have been recently)

Comment

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
I was reading that some people get Amazon Prime for free. But when I log into my Amazon account it says $80 bucks.

Anyone know how to get it for free?

Amazon Prime Review
It's not a free service, the shipping charges alone are expensive. The video is just a bonus. Occasionally you can get a month trial for free for being a student or via amazon mom. It's an expensive service to run and giving it away would just be a dumb business decision. It's well worth the money, just pay for it.

Comment

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
It's not a free service, the shipping charges alone are expensive. The video is just a bonus. Occasionally you can get a month trial for free for being a student or via amazon mom. It's an expensive service to run and giving it away would just be a dumb business decision. It's well worth the money, just pay for it.
You can invite 3 other people to use your account, so the price quickly drops to $20 a year for each person. 2 day shipping is awesome, and when Amazon ships via Ontrac, I sometimes get orders the next day for no extra charge!

Comment

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
You can invite 3 other people to use your account, so the price quickly drops to $20 a year for each person. 2 day shipping is awesome, and when Amazon ships via Ontrac, I sometimes get orders the next day for no extra charge!
That's techincally against the ToS, your only supposed to share with others in your house. That said, yep, that makes it extremely affordable. :D

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.