Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today announced that its annual Prime Day sale event will take place beginning Tuesday, July 11 and run through Wednesday, July 12. Amazon began Prime Day back in 2015, and since 2019 the event has been running for two days straight every summer.

prime-day-2023.jpg

Shoppers can expect massive discounts on an array of products, including Apple devices. Some deals will last the entire run of the sale, but there will also be lightning deals that drop every 30 minutes and last for select periods, or until they sell out.

To get in on these Prime Day deals, you will need to be an Amazon Prime member. If you aren't, you can join Prime via a free 30-day trial to participate in this year's Prime Day. Once your trial is over, Prime membership will run for $14.99/month or $139/year. For students, that's $7.49/month or $69/year.

Amazon is already highlighting early Prime Day deals that you can shop now, weeks ahead of the event. For now, this mainly includes Amazon devices like Kindles, Echo Dot, Fire TVs, and other Amazon branded products.

Once Prime Day kicks off, Amazon's website will be filled with lightning deals on everything from tech products to home appliances, clothing, toys, and much more. We'll be covering all of the best deals you can get throughout Prime Day, particularly on all of the Apple products that appear, so be sure to keep an eye on the MacRumors front page starting July 11.

Last year, Prime Day discounts were available to Amazon Prime members in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, the United Arab Emirates, the UK, and the United States. Although Amazon has not confirmed exact countries for 2023, shoppers can expect the same countries to participate again this year.

Additionally, Amazon held two Prime Day events last year, one in July and a second in October. Given that we're only now hearing about the July event, we don't know yet if the retailer will again host a second Prime Day, which it called "Prime Early Access," in the fall. If and when that is announced, you can also expect us to cover all of the deals that come out.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Amazon Prime Day 2023 Will Run July 11-12

JitteryJimmy

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2008
There has to be a financial incentive for a seller to discount product. If you want a true bargain, you're going to have to work for it.

Reactions: Huck

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
even though I'm a Prime member I never bought anything on Prime day ... I buy what/when I need and you find deals everywhere all year round ...

Reactions: arkitect

v3rlon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
Earth (usually)
I use an Alexa as part of the smart home. In the early days, I needed it because Apple didn't offer anything. For the amusement of the Mrs, I got the Samuel L. Jackson celebrity voice, and it was a fun little gimmick. Then, a couple weeks ago, they ended it.

It didn't matter that it was paid for, not a subscription, or that we liked it. Amazon just went into our devices and cancelled it.

They've done this before with, ironically enough, George Orwell books. There was some licensing issue, so they went into people's Kindles and DELETED their purchases. If you were a student who was taking notes on said kindle, too bad, your notes were gone too - without warning on that one though.

Then, there was the guy who had his Amazon account shut down earlier this year because a driver alleged (and would later be proven wrong) that he heard something racist from the Ring doorbell (only it wasn't ring and not even Amazon) without even investigation. Some driver said he heard something and boom, your entire Amazon account is gone. The driver may have misunderstood while wearing ear buds or could have even made something up because he was mad about not getting a tip.

Amazon prime deliveries have the advantage of fast, free shipping. I just wouldn't trust them with anything related to software.

Reactions: Menneisyys2

gomichaelgo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
Prime is a scam now, I think there's even a lawsuit out there. It alleges that the Prime deals are no lower than regular price for other customers on many items. They just use the same tired concepts of raising the price to make the "discount" look larger. That and most of the Prime deals on this day are for Amazon alexa devices.

Bcn

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2021
I wonder why we pay €5 a month in Europe and in Us they pay $15 a month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.