Amazon prime just updated....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by frontbottom, Nov 29, 2018.

1. frontbottom macrumors newbie

and they haven’t updated to the new 11 aspect ratio.....grrrr

2. AutomaticApple macrumors 68000

AutomaticApple

So frustrating! :mad:

3. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I still have a lot of apps that I use more or less regularly that have had updates but haven’t updated their resolution. I’d love for Hay Day to get updated soon.

4. ManyThreads macrumors member

At least half my apps, including some $20-30 paid apps, appear to be using the 9.7" aspect ratio and it's super annoying. Other apps are slightly blurry as a result. The biggest issue seems to be in landscape mode where I get huge black bars on the side, portrait mode not as bad, just a double thick black bar on the very top. Had the same issue with my 10.5 and it took many months for all the apps to be updated.

I'm also not a fan of the multi-task bar at the bottom of the ipad always wasting screen real estate when there is multiple gestures that do EXACTLY the same thing - can this be disabled?

5. ProteinePlus macrumors member

ProteinePlus

6. ProteinePlus macrumors member

ProteinePlus

They updated once again and no luck... Netflix is putting them to shame.

7. Robertjan88 macrumors regular

Does Prime offer 4k HDR playback on the new iPads? Or still 1080p?

Wondering as I am considering upgrading my Prime subscription and planning to buy a USB-C to HDMI cable.

8. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

Aren’t the new iPads the same resolution as the older iPad pros and do those play 4K HDR on amazon video?

9. havenyoung macrumors regular

havenyoung

Their Kindle app was not updated for iPhone X and iPad 10.5" until January 2018. Alexa app not until April. I'm not surprised here.

10. Robertjan88 macrumors regular

11. Marshall73 macrumors 68000

Marshall73

No 4K playback from either Netflix or amazon on iPad.

12. Robertjan88 macrumors regular

Even when connecting the iPad Pro 2018 to a 4k TV using an USB-C to HDMI connector? Officially, the iPad Pro 2018 is supporting 4k HDR output.

13. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

I have the 10.5 inch iPad Pro and I’m a prime subscriber and I’ve never been able to steam in 4K on amazon.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 2, 2018 ---
    I think you need to upgrade to the ultra HD package on Netflix to get HDR but since I’ve not got a 4K tv I just do the HD subscription.

14. davyh macrumors newbie

davyh

Would love for Apple to be a little tough here, after the first month of a new resolution release any app that is updated must include support for the new devices.

All those unwrapping new iPads at the end of this month, could be their first ever, launching apps which don’t use the full screen will be disappointed.

Most users that hang around forums like these will know why, but say my partners mum who doesn’t know her Ram from her Pixels will just see it as being a bit ugly.

Paid £9 for a game when the iPhone X came out, must have taken Sega 6 months to update for the full screen, not great.