Amazon question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Watabou, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Well I went ahead and bought the current Macbook Pro from amazon to save me a couple of bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1203824105&sr=8-1

But from ^ there it says it includes iLife '06.

But I thought you get iLife '08 if you buy the macbook pro? I saw it in Apple online store and it even says it includes iWork '08 trial. The amazon one contains the iWork '06 trial. Don't tell me I have to buy iLife '08 :(
    And does Amazon sell macbook pro that are manufactured in 2008?

Has anyone bought the macbook pro recently from amazon? What did it have?

2. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

that is last generation MBP

so it wont have iLife

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

amazon doesn't update the product info on their macs. i recently purchased an imac, and the info page read that the computer would come with tiger, worrying me a little, but it came with leopard. your computer should come with both leopard and ilife 08. i wouldn't worry. congrats on the purchase.

4. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

Oh ok. Thanks. I was kinda worried.

And Eric...what do you mean last generation? It says 2.2 GHz. It's Santa Rosa platform and Intel Core 2 Duo + Merom. I thought this was the current one?

5. akadmon macrumors 68020

Huh? I don't follow your logic. Or did you mean previous generation? If so, that is not correct. The 2.2GHz Santa Rosa MBP came out in June of last year, before Leopard and iLife '08. It's possible Amazon still has some boxes dating to before November when the MBP started shipping with new software. To the OP: If Amazon ships you a pre-Leopard SR MBP, I would think you have every right to expect them to ship you separate DVDs with Leopard and iLife '08. As an authorized dealer they are required to include the latest software with your Mac. Again, just because your Mac might have been boxed prior to November, it does not mean it's a "previous generation" machine.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Be careful when you say...

"the current MacBook Pro" since it would sound like "akadmon" may have hit it on the nose, it is possible that you are getting a new "OLDER" model (aka: last year's model)and that could be the reason it's such a great savings. Without seeing pictures or the box itself, it would be difficult to tell exactly what you might get. Amazon should have a return policy, or if you bought it with PayPal, you can get your money back, eventually. :confused:

7. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

Thanks for replies.

Also I had another question. If I ordered the MBP on sunday(last sunday) on amazon, and the new MBPs come out tomorrow, is there a chance that I get the new MBP? It says that it shipped today and I'm recieving this Wednesday.

8. PDE macrumors 68020

of course amazon is shipping the latest models. That's totally clear from the product descriptions. Also, if you get one with tiger, I think apple has extended the leopard upgrade program so it should be easy and cheap to get the dvds. Furthermore, amazon has probably the best return policies in the industry with hasslefree 30 day returns and free return shipping for any defective items. Even small defects. Simply great.

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it could, but i don't think it will be very likely. however, you should be able to get money back if they sell the existing models for a lower price, or you could ask for a free exchange altogether.

10. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

Actually that's not clear from the product descriptions. That's what I was trying to say.