Amazon rebate does not show Tiger release in April

gopher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2002
1,474
0
Maryland, USA
Before others were speculating that Amazon's rebate was going to require an April or May release date for Tiger. Now the post mark date is by July 1, 2005. That means Tiger could still be released at the end of the first half of the year and not require an April or May release. Granted, the rebate is technically not going to be offered after May 31st, but as long as you post mark it before the end of the June, you are good to go.
 

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
826
1
Home
gopher said:
Before others were speculating that Amazon's rebate was going to require an April or May release date for Tiger. Now the post mark date is by July 1, 2005. That means Tiger could still be released at the end of the first half of the year and not require an April or May release. Granted, the rebate is technically not going to be offered after May 31st, but as long as you post mark it before the end of the June, you are good to go.
Ok you might have a point...but think about this, apple hears about this rebate 'slip'....they get angry, so they say to amazon...change it so that it shows in the first half of the year, but the truth is that amazon knows that it will be before that. Lets hope.

I really cant wait for Tiger...I hope it gets released on Friday.

DjVoTeZ
 

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
6,639
2
Has it already been 2 years since the last major upgrade? Tiger should have been what OSX was initially. OSX will be finally mature with Tiger, and it only took 8 years to get to this point. Prediction. Next OSX upgrade will occur in 2008.
 

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
2,425
0
Montana
vouder17 said:
I really cant wait for Tiger...I hope it gets released on Friday.

DjVoTeZ
April 1st is the rumored *announcement*, with a ship date two weeks or so after that.
 

gopher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2002
1,474
0
Maryland, USA
Lacero said:
Has it already been 2 years since the last major upgrade? Tiger should have been what OSX was initially. OSX will be finally mature with Tiger, and it only took 8 years to get to this point. Prediction. Next OSX upgrade will occur in 2008.
OS X is quite mature already. I am very happy with Panther. In fact I migrated to Mac OS X, May 2001! Yes believe it or not, it was possible under 10.0 to migrate to it. Now it has gotten much better since then, but I would not say "finally" mature. For now, it is just different. If you watched the 2005 San Francisco keynote, you'll have seen 14 million have migrated to Mac OS X.
 

pgre

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2005
42
0
daveL said:
April 1st is the rumored *announcement*, with a ship date two weeks or so after that.
Any idea where these roumors are coming from ?
i.e. do we think they are worth listening too ?
 

gopher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2002
1,474
0
Maryland, USA

Punani

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2004
199
0
Los Angeles
gopher said:
OS X is quite mature already. I am very happy with Panther. In fact I migrated to Mac OS X, May 2001! Yes believe it or not, it was possible under 10.0 to migrate to it. Now it has gotten much better since then, but I would not say "finally" mature. For now, it is just different. If you watched the 2005 San Francisco keynote, you'll have seen 14 million have migrated to Mac OS X.
OS X is based on NeXTstep. And so I guess it could be considered "mature." The problem is that Apple seems to have a habit of changing a lot of private APIs. AFAIK it's become more difficult to create little hacks on the Dock because Apple has decided that the Menu bar is where those things should be and killed off a ton of the undocumented Dock APIs.

With Tiger people are expecting, for the most part, the finalization of the APIs.

Also, I seriously question Amazon as a reliable source of Tiger's arrival. I would expect Apple to inform it's own retail stores before a 3rd party.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.