Amazon Rebate?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fahadmp, Aug 14, 2007.

1. fahadmp macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if Amazon is going to have that $100 rebate for the new imac like they did for the old one? I want to get one soon but I'm willing to wait and see if they actually put one out..does anyone know how amazon does these things?

2. PieMac macrumors 6502a

I've ordered many Macs thru Amazon and the rule of thumb is that they usually wait until the old ones are cleared out from their stock and the rebate is then applied to the new ones not long after.

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Yeah, that sounds about right. If you're looking to buy now, MacConnection is also a good source, and they don't charge tax (in most places) and have the same rebates as Amazon. Give it a try.

OK, side note, but what is up with "thru" everywhere? Suddenly businesses have decided that it's appropriate to use slang? Seriously, it's irritating.

4. PieMac macrumors 6502a

I didn't realize this...I was just being lazy with my typing!:p:)

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Well, I don't really care if you do it; this is just a forum for people to discuss things, and since I knew what you meant, it's no big deal. But when companies decide that their instructions can say "thru," I think that is a big deal. Your post just reminded me of that. Sorry for taking us off topic:eek:

6. PieMac macrumors 6502a

No worries ;)

I checked out MacConnection and they have some interesting configurations of the iMac line-up...and good prices to boot. Have you ever ordered a Mac from them yourself?

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I almost did:p No seriously, a professor of mine (who has like 3 different Macs in his office:eek::)) suggested I go with MacConnection. He told me that he's never had a problem with them; no broken packages, nothing defective, nothing at all. The only reason I didn't go through MacConnection was because I wanted a new iPod (I'm a student...well that was obvious wasn't it?), and because I couldn't wait (I bought my mbp three days after it came out). Otherwise, I whole-heartedly recommend them (based on someone else's recommendation...isn't that hearsay?:p).

8. PieMac macrumors 6502a

Hmmmm...sounds pretty good to me. I've always been a big Amazon fan, but I'm willing to give another reputable place a try-and they do seem reputable...gotta trust a professor with three Macs! Thanks for the info! :D

9. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

No problem. BTW, he actually has like six Macs, the three I saw were just for his office. So I guess that makes the site a little more trustworthy. Any how, be sure to check out MacConnection's free stuff like printers, bags, and software. They usually have at least two items you can get free with your Mac purchase. Good luck (BTW, we totally hijacked this thread).

10. PieMac macrumors 6502a

Oops-you're right...sorry, fahadmp-totally didn't mean to. Perhaps you should check out MacConnection as well in case you don't want to wait for the rebate at Amazon-so far it seems to be the next best thing!

11. fahadmp thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys!

does anyone have any idea when the imac will come in stock @ amazon.com?

12. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

No idea, as this depends on when Apple has enough stock to give Amazon. I'd say keep checking once a week, or even twice a week. Sorry:(