Amazon Returns?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mikeheenan, Sep 25, 2007.

1. mikeheenan macrumors 6502

How do Amazon returns work? I bought a 15" 2.4 matte from them and while it doesn't have any yellowing (samsung screen), it has a dim/un-uniform lighting section towards the bottom that is distracting a little bit. I went throught the process of the online return and printed out the label, I selected the field that said "product didn't meet my expectations" or something similar to that. Will they simply just refund the entire purchase, or when they receive it will they contact me for more info, and offer another one in exchange?

2. robby818 macrumors 6502a

Amazon generally gives full refunds. One of the better on line retailers for this very reason. But if you want to be sure, contact Amazon's customer service. They are very good about responding to questions. Usually wi 2-3 hours.

3. iViking macrumors 6502

you just go online to your account at amazon.com and process the refund there...there's a button next to your order history that reads, "need to return an item?"

click on it and you will be guided along. in my experience it takes about 1 month to process the refund.

4. mikeheenan thread starter macrumors 6502

That's great news... I'm kind of leaning towards getting a 17" model now but if they only do even exchanges I wont be disappointed (as long as I get one without the dimness issue). I'll drop them a line soon.

5. mikeheenan thread starter macrumors 6502

For anyone who's returned to Amazon before, about how long was it before they confirmed they received the return? I sent mine back on Oct1st and they received it on the 3rd, and they've yet to send any emails or notifications that they have recieved it.

6. dwsolberg macrumors 6502a

Amazon return period

I buy a lot from Amazon, and occasionally need to return. They generally return low-priced items like books almost right away, but they take longer with more expensive items. I think they must have someone check the expensive returns, and this process takes some time.

In any case, I've never had a problem, and I've purchased hundreds of items with probably about 10 returns, including an iBook about three or four years ago.