Amazon shipping times?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jbarley, May 29, 2018.

1. jbarley macrumors 68040

jbarley

Most times I'm very happy, except for items from China.
    For instance my last order, placed on April 25, shipped on May 10 with an estimated delivery date of May 30-June 14th.
    They really need to upgrade their carrier service.:(

maxresdefault.jpg

2. Glmnet1 macrumors 6502a

Probably a 3rd party seller. Nothing to do with Amazon's carrier.

If they estimated a delivery for May 30-June 14th it's quite normal that it shipped on May 10 and should be there in time. The estimated delivery date is always available before you purchase something so you're well aware of what you're getting into.

I'm often qui surprised at the speed at which Amazon ships thing. Sometimes I even wonder why they even offer paid shipping, I always get the free one and receive my items between 1-3 days later.

3. steve23094 macrumors 68020

steve23094

I never order items from China unless there is no other option. Between myself and partner we have had to place 9 orders, 5 never showed up. I did get a refund each time but you sit waiting for an item for 6 weeks (fairly typical delivery time) when you could have sorted it out a lot sooner. So either they’re dodgy and never sent it in the first place or the delivery mechanism between here and there is totally useless.

4. D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

Yeah, I was shopping some tube headphone amps, found a few great deals out of China, saw the ship times of like 30-45 days. I mean, it's not like something I can't live without for 30+ days, but I just feel like there's so much time for something to go totally off the rails.

FWIW, I get Oakley (sunglasses) parts from the same company out of Japan 2-3 times a year, and they show up in 7-8 days via Japan Post to USPS to my door. :)

5. Zenithal macrumors 604

I've never had issues with Amazon shipping. Then again, we live in a region where Amazon's services are lightening fast. If we ever choose to move somewhere else or build a house somewhere else, Amazon shipments will be one of our main criteria. To me, Amazon is like the Costco of the web retail world. It's simply fantastic.

6. D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

Yesterday I realized with the new beast, I needed more Chem Guys microfiber towels, and I was nearly out of car wash and spray detailer - found it all on Amazon and everything was next day free, got it all today, I could barely get it here quicker buying locally, and I saved a few bucks and I got a quality of product (the towels) you can't even buy here in town. :)

7. Zenithal macrumors 604

Yeah. Pretty much the same deal for me. I feel bad for buying through Amazon over AutoGeek, but sometimes Amazon beats them selling the same product(s). The only services we haven't yet used are Fresh that's synced into Whole Foods and similar stores. I've used a service called InstaCart a few times. Generally, I like picking out groceries myself. At least I can tap or smell the fruit or judge it by how it looks. But if everyone in the house has a cold and feels miserable, it's fantastic.

8. Hurrypotter66 macrumors newbie

Hurrypotter66

I ordered some items from China, all of them are shipped and delivered to me in a short period of time. Am I lucky? :rolleyes:

9. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

I've been burned twice by 3rd party orders from outside the US. The first time, I didn't check the seller's ratings (currently rated 1 star). The second time, I only checked to overall ratings (4.6 stars with over 500 reviews at the time), but failed to dig deeper. It shipped the next day, according to the Tracking info. But after 2 weeks of them claiming China Post receiving the package (China Post said, Nope), I went back and checked the reviews. The first 3 months show 400+ glowing reviews, most of them in Engrish. Obviously paid fake reviews. The later months showed progressively poor reviews, with the most recent--15 reviews, all 1 star-- 5 complaining about items never shipping. That's when I knew I wasn't getting my stuff. I had to wait a month for the expected delivery date to expire before contacting Amazon for a refund.
    Moral of the story, check the reviews. If all the glowing reviews are in Engrish or are very short, they're probably paid for fake reviews. Give more credence to newer reviews and those that goes into some details.
    Since then, I haven't had any issues with stuff I order from China.