amazon shipping

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nixiemaiden, Oct 21, 2010.

1. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

So I have never had a problem with amazon shipping until I ordered an ipod touch so I'm just wondering what the experience has been like. I ordered Tuesday and paid extra for next day shipping because it said I would get my item yesterday.

Obviously I haven't received it yet. According to amazon, the package left their facility. According to UPS they haven't picked it up yet. Amazon already refunded me for 1 day shipping but they said I had to wait until the 25th.

And amazon still has the delivery date as yesterday.

Just curious if this is common with ordering ipods from amazon as I order from them all the time and this is the first time I have ever had a problem.

2. Manikstor macrumors member

oh no you're scaring me.
    i just recently ordered one off amazon as well and it said to be arrive by Friday, at the moment it says shipping soon. I better have it by Friday or Saturday latest or im causing chaos. lol

it seems to me that they are not accurate with their shipping dates which sucks, because i dont want to stay home all day waiting for this package.

3. nixiemaiden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry yours will probably be fine. I order from amazon all the time. I order so much from them that I pay for a prime membership...this is literally the first time that I have had a problem with them.

I was just wondering if it had to do with the combination of an iPod and 1 day shipping. The reason being...I ordered it Tuesday at about 6pm and it said order in the next hour and receive it by Wednesday October 20 if you select 1 day shipping...but I have never seen an item like that before. Every other time I have used 1 day shipping it hasn't been next day, but the day after.

But then according to Amazon, it was picked up at 7:45 p.m. and shipped next day Air so I assumed that it would make sense if you order by 7:00p.m. and they have a 7:45 shipment going out next day air that you really can get it the next day. But UPS still only says Billing Info Received.

4. PhatboyNYC macrumors newbie

I ordered my ipod 4g from Amazon with free Prime shipping and got it within a week.

5. Manikstor macrumors member

Damn i better not get it in a week

6. nixiemaiden thread starter macrumors 6502a

On their page it is still saying that if you order it now, you will receive it tomorrow if you choose 1 day shipping. I'm wondering if I should just order another one and do that and just return which ever one comes second since they will let me return it at no charge since they missed their guaranteed delivery date.

UPS is still saying that they haven't picked the package up.

When you ordered with Prime shipping did you at least get it by the promised delivery date?

I want it for the weekend. Argh.

7. Outrun1986 macrumors 6502

Amazon was good for me, I ordered the iPod without prime shipping and with free super saver shipping and I got it 2 days before my scheduled delivery date.

8. nixiemaiden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Amazon is awesome. UPS still has no record of picking it up so they are sending another one next day air that should arrive tomorrow. If 2 end up showing up I can just return one of them at no charge. So happy I don't have to wait until the 25th for replacement.

9. Manikstor macrumors member

omg i dont think im receiving it on friday like they said. I just checked and it just left the amazon facility, which means UPS did not even get a hold of it. is this the so called 2 day shipping? i guess ill be getting saturday. Hopefully....

10. Manikstor macrumors member

just so you know update: I ordered my ipod off amazon on wed. night with Prime shipping and received it friday.

No problems whatsoever, light leaks,clicking etc. good ipod. :)