Amazon SR Macbook Availability

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Chris-M, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Chris-M macrumors newbie

On Black Friday, I tried to buy a 2.2GHz White SR Macbook from Amazon.com. In the a.m., it was in stock; in the afternoon, the lead time was 3 to 5 weeks. Has anyone out there by chance kept an eye on Amazon.com's lead times and noticed a pattern whereby they quote a 3 to 5 week lead time for an Apple product but a after a few days, they're right back in stock? Their customer service says when they say 3 to 5 weeks, they mean 3 to 5 weeks.

I find it hard to believe Amazon would not have the Hi end SR Macbook in stock until after Christmas. I want to buy it from Amazon due to the rebate and no sales tax.

2. kewl macrumors newbie

Just Order It

I ordered my blackbook on 11/12, the first day the rebate went into effect. It said it was out of stock but I ordered anyway. With the free trial of Amazon Prime, I ended up getting mine on 11/16 with overnight shipping. When I order, it says I'd get an email when a shipment gets in. Well they got a shipment in shortly after I ordered.

So just order it!! You may get lucky like I did.

I'm writing this reply on my blackbook now. My first Mac too! :)

3. Chris-M thread starter macrumors newbie

I did order it. In fact, I put it in my shopping cart in the a.m. (when it was in stock), then I added a few more things, then paid for everything in the early evening and was surprised the ship date was after Christmas. I have kept it on order hoping / expecting it to be back in stock, but no luck. I'll give it a couple more days, then cancel if still not in stock and switch to the low-end Macbook (it's for my daughter). I hope I get as lucky as you and it magically becomes available from Amazon!

I also just switched over to Apple. I have a 24" iMac that replaced an aging Dell, and this Macbook (although ostensibly for my daughter) will replace an aging Toshiba laptop.

4. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

You probably won't get it as quickly as kewl did because you're not paying $79 a year for Amazon Prime ;) I have never ordered anything from Amazon that was out of stock like that before. Hope you get it soon though, I would die if I ordered a new computer and had to wait THAT long to get it.

5. Polo2883 macrumors regular

I tried to order mine through amazon. then black friday came around and still it didnt ship. Macmall had 154 off and the apple store gave me 191 off b/c 101 off for blackfriday and 90 off for my Employee discount

6. Chris-M thread starter macrumors newbie

Good for you! I'm surprised you got the additional discount; I thought Apple did not 'stack' discounts.

Hope you enjoy it!

7. Chris-M thread starter macrumors newbie

Look Like It's In Stock now

The Apple MacBook MB062LL/B now shows as in stock, yet my order hasn't shipped yet. I'll wait a day and see if it changes. I knew Amazon couldn't run out of these during Christmas shopping season.