Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following some early discounts for Best Buy members, we're now seeing the first discounts on the brand-new iPad Air and iPad Pro models available to all customers thanks to Amazon. The discounts are modest at up to $49 on select models, but any pre-order discounts are always welcome news.

Apple-iPad-Air-and-iPad-Pro-11-inch-and-13-inch-Feature-1.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Only select configurations and colors are seeing discounts and these may fluctuate over time, but at the moment we're seeing the following discounted prices:

11-inch iPad Air

13-inch iPad Air

11-inch iPad Pro

With Apple dropping the regular price of the 10th-generation price by $100 last week, we're also seeing some record-low prices on those models with Amazon offering even steeper discounts at an additional $15 off to bring prices down to $334.00 for the 64GB Wi-Fi model in all colors. Cellular models are also at all-time lows starting at $474.00.

If you're looking for more details about the M4 iPad Pro and M2 iPad Air, be sure to check out our recap article of last week's Apple event, and be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Amazon Takes Up to $49 Off Apple's Brand-New iPad Models

dimplemonkey

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2006
Atlanta
I would assume one would have to pack their patience as it probably won't get delivered until later than Apple's delivery date of 5/15.

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
I would assume one would have to pack their patience as it probably won't get delivered until later than Apple's delivery date of 5/15.
You'd be surprised. I bought an M1 from Costco and it arrived before Apple was going to send me one. Apple generally takes care of their resellers first.

If you're buying directly from Apple they know they already have your money. They're more concerned keeping companies that purchase 10 tens of thousands of iPads from them happy. Apple can't fulfill all their one'sies and two'sies orders before they fulfill BestBuy's, Costco's, Amazon's, etc. Why would anyone want to be a reseller if that were the case?

eqquito

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2009
It is not the price or the hardware, it is the software. As we have seen over and over a powerful iPad Pro with the current limited iPadOS doesn't allow you to get the most out of it. I am one of many holding on buying the new iPad until we get better iPadOS updates. Lets see what WWDC brings to the iPad, fingers crossed.

Gen Lynn

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2024
Kuo says there's a color Kindle coming this year. That's all I need is an e-reader, but I want it color display.

iPadtastic

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2020
9 to 6 Mac took a poll on these new iPads. most people voted NO on buying a new iPad.

So I think Apple still has an iPad sales issue with these updated iPads. my guess is the high price is turning most away.
I feel that a similar poll would show most people voting NO on buying a Porsche, but I believe Porsche still does okay!

In fact, the 9 to 5 poll (which I think is the one you're referring to) shows just under 41 percent said YES when asked 'Are you buying a new iPad?' (not WOULD you buy a new iPad but ARE you actually buying one), while just over 47 percent said 'no' (the rest were 'undecided')...which strikes me as a pretty good result if true.

McG2k1

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2011
Is there a decent trade in program at these other retailers? I’d love to be able to trade in the last Pro for this one.

McG2k1

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2011
Until WWDC and we actually find out what they have done to iPad OS to justify this power and prices, no one should buy these new iPad Pros.
They’re adding a local language model AI assistant that does all of its processing of your verbal requests locally without phoning home. Rumor of course until it’s official, but this is the only thing I’ve heard that would justify that M4 processor.

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
Does anyone know the details of Apple's price matching? I'll have to look that up when i get a chance. This might seal the deal one me sticking with 256GB Pro.

ELman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2017
9 to 6 Mac took a poll on these new iPads. most people voted NO on buying a new iPad.

So I think Apple still has an iPad sales issue with these updated iPads. my guess is the high price is turning most away.
Maybe working 9-6 will give them the extra money needed to buy the new iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.