Amazon Trade-In Service

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thatoneguy82, Jun 17, 2012.

1. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

So, I just discovered this service and I'm probably late to the party. But, I have a bunch of Blu Ray discs that are either unopened or were watched once that I'm considering trading in. Sometimes, when searching for titles, several come up of the same type with a few cents difference. Of course I would pick the one with most value, but I just don't understand the difference. Also, it says that price that it projects isn't guaranteed until it is delivered and inspected. I don't mind receiving a Amazon GC since I do a lot of shopping on there. What concerns me however is that do they ever lowball you once they receive the product? Claiming that it's not "good," "new" etc? Or do they pretty much agree with you unless there is a really big difference in physical condition of the product?

Thanks!

2. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

I've traded in about 200 Blu-Ray's to Amazon. I always pick the higher valued ones with the same slip cover picture. I can't say 100% they've ever shorted me on the version/condition, but they always pay, and they are always quick.

I've been extremely pleased with the service I've received from them.

I traded in over 800 DVD's to some 3rd rate company a few years ago and I remember not being happy at all with them.

Moral of the story, I'd trust Amazon.

3. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Thanks! That's really good to know. I'll probably do a "small" shipment first to personally test it out and then start bigger. While the value may not be great sometimes, it sure is better than the movies collecting dust somewhere.

Moral for me: Don't impulsively buy movies. :eek: