Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
bruce_profile.jpg

Amazon
- With Bruce Parry

Presumably a fair few of us have been watching this, if you haven't you should be!

Absolutely brilliant series so far :cool:

Henri Gaudier

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2005
France
The gods shone on him last night when the Stihl went kapput! It would be hard for him in the future when talking about the loss of the rain forest if he were to add "Oh, and when I was in Brazil ... I felled a dozen or so myself!" The blokes he was with did seem decent enough; trapped in very difficult circumstances. Nevertheless this is the result of their activities.

Attachments

• rf_road3.jpg
    rf_road3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 75

MST

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK
Excellent series, my girlfriend and I have been watching it religiously since it started; up until last night that was when we totally forgot it was on, still kicking myself now :mad:

I keep seeing the soundtrack being advertised on iTunes.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I keep catching bits of this, seems like your typically well-produced BBC documentary. Probably play catch up on the iPlayer later.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I keep catching bits of this, seems like your typically well-produced BBC documentary.
Very much so.

He's just such a likeable guy and goes to great lengths to put himself through different (not always pleasant) experiences, to understand all sides etc. and above all fit in while he's there.

Thoroughly nice chap I'd say!

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
I've watched the first two episodes (missed last nights episode but will be using the iPlayer to watch it later this week).

Thoroughly enjoyable, very much like his previous Tribes series. My personal highlight so far is the young Peruvian lad dancing in the first episode, closely followed by the football match in drag... now there's an idea to enliven Sundays 5-a-side footie! :eek: :D

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Such a great show. The only bit that really made me squint was the barfing tradition of that one village. What the hell was that about?

Much Ado

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2006
UK
My personal highlight so far is the young Peruvian lad dancing in the first episode

Agreed, and in second place: listening to a Shamanic ritual with one ear, and Thriller on an MP3 player with the other.

Bruce must have gone through more initiation rituals and drunk more poison and hallucinogenics than anyone else alive. *Oh yeah, Amy Winehouse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.