Amazon

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cuz03, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Cuz03 macrumors member

I am not sure if i should order from amazon or go pick the ipod touch 4g when it comes to best buy. I dont hav an apple store near me so that is out of the option. I have a few questions about amazon.
    1. Do they try to ship ipod touches to you on release date?
    2. Do you usually get it on day 1?
    3. Do they still have an amazon prime 2-day shipping free trial?

2. EJR macrumors member

1.) No. Amazon by now has a fairly large wait list, so you'll most likely have to wait a few weeks to get the ipod. I know I ordered back on the 3rd and I still won't be getting it till the 16th at the earliest.

2.) No.

3.) Maybe. I know that if you have a valid .edu email you can get a free year of prime, so that may be worth checking out.

Moral of the story is that you'll probably have better luck with BB at this point if you'd like it at the earliest possible time. If you can wait, I'd still get it from amazon. You're saving on tax, which is like 11 something on the 8GB model. It only goes up from there...

3. Plasmolyze macrumors newbie

On Best buys website the store pickup options says I can pick it up on 9/26/10 if I order today. OP I think we're going to have to wait a couple of weeks. :(

4. Cuz03 thread starter macrumors member

I hope the amazon prime thing still works or i will have to wait :( I'd have to try a different email tho cuz i alredy did the free trial once.,

5. tech324 macrumors 6502

I ordered mine through Amazon with the prime. I got it for less than $300 and overnight shipping for $3.99.

6. EJR macrumors member

I meant simply walking into the store to buy the ipod. The online site is backlogged.

7. Serplat macrumors newbie

I did the same thing.

For those of you who ordered through Amazon, what is your estimated delivery date? I'm trying to see if they are just giving a standard estimate, or are actually doing it based on a queue.

My estimated delivery date is 9/15 - 9/22 with one day shipping. I ordered on the third.

8. FirePak macrumors regular

I ordered on the 1st with 2 day shipping and my Delivery Estimate: September 15, 2010 - September 22, 2010.

9. cmartz8 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I ordered on the 1st with one day shipping but I still don't have a delivery date. All it says is "not shipped yet. We will notify you when it ships."

Am I the only one that is getting this?? Anyone else having this problem?

10. EJR macrumors member

I originally had that problem, but I got a delivery window when I re-ordered for the 223.99 price. You should probably email them to get some clarification. They're usually pretty awesome in getting back to you in a timely manner, so you shouldn't have to wait too long for a response.

11. tech324 macrumors 6502

I ordered mine on the 3rd and picked overnight shipping. Here is my delivery estimate.

Delivery estimate: September 15, 2010 - September 22, 2010

12. Serplat macrumors newbie

So the three of us all have the same delivery date, despite ordering at different times. That would lead me to believe that they just gave a standard estimate, possibly simply because they set it as 1 - 3 week shipping.

13. ipodtechie macrumors newbie

I think we should wait for some more days definitely amazon will deliver the itouch soon. Since its cheaper on amazon no other option than waiting for me.

14. zepica macrumors regular

I guess on wednesday amazon orders will go to "shipping soon" :)

15. Cuz03 thread starter macrumors member

I cant decide if i should go to best buy on day 1 and use my $75 worth of giftcards to buy it. or if i should go to amazon and pay no tax plus $11 off, sell my gift cards to someone (i alredy no someone who wants em) and get the 3 year accident warranty for $45. I'd like to have it soon but am willing to wait 1 week plus or minus after the release. Which should i do? :confused:

16. Megagator macrumors regular

Megagator

I ordered the 32 GB on the 4th, with their standard free shipping and it said between the 20th and the 27th:( Hoping it'll come sooner :D