AmazonBasics Protective TPU Case Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mrt209, Oct 22, 2011.

1. mrt209 macrumors 6502

While waiting for my Graft Leverage case to arrive, I decided to get a cheap temporary case and purchased the AmazonBasics TPU case based on its raving reviews. The case arrived today, and I have to say, for $9 it's pretty amazing! :)

The case, made out of TPU, is clear and has a wavy pattern on the inside of the case, preventing the oil/rainbow effect seen on cases with a flat inside. The case has a solid plastic feel on the back and all around the case (feels nice to hold though), with the top parts of the case touching the front of the iPhone being rubbery. All buttons are easily accessible, and the power cord can be attached without any hassle.

The case also comes with a clear screen protector, which to my surprise, turned out to be really nice. The screen protector does not interfere with the crispness of the retina display at all, in fact you barely notice it's there.

Overall the AmazonBasics Protective TPU Case looks and feels really nice, and I would definitely trust it to protect my phone in case of a drop. If you're looking for a clear (or smoke) case, then I'm sure for $9 you will be very happy with this case :)

I should note though, that it is a bit hard to get the phone out of the case, but personally I don't consider that to be a bad thing.

Link to case

Note: It currently says the case won't be in stock for another 11 to 12 weeks, but it becomes available if you check back from time to time... It said 11 to 12 weeks for me, however, 5 hours later they had some in stock and I was able to get my hands on one.

Attached Files:

2. mrt209 thread starter macrumors 6502

Here's a photo of the bottom as well. Sorry for the bad quality, my camera isn't the best.

Attached Files:

3. alexxa macrumors member

i used to have a clear tpu case for my ipod touch, but it turned yellow after a few days.:(

4. mrt209 thread starter macrumors 6502

Most people on Amazon haven't had any issues with yellowing, but I'll update this thread if it does happen for my case.

5. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

Oooh I'm all about bang-for-buck; I'll keep an eye on this thread.

6. xyfish macrumors member

7. Heateris macrumors member

You can get those type of cases all over eBay. Checkout sell dcmugan88. Those are my favorite.

8. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Off-topic - Would you please share your lockscreen wallpaper?

Nice case :D

9. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

I bought one too, but it made my flash all wonky and the sides intruded on the screen too much, for me. It's in a drawer now.

10. mrt209 thread starter macrumors 6502

no not really

my flash works fine, and on mine the sides go right up to the screen so kinda like it, but guess it's not for everyone.

11. mrt209 thread starter macrumors 6502

Here you go :)

Attached Files:

12. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

I've this exact same case and love it - it fits perfectly to my iPhone without adding any bulk to phone and without reducing any bulk from my pocket :).