Amazon's MBP rebate

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by karupspc, Feb 19, 2008.

1. karupspc macrumors member

Amazon's $150 rebate is valid from 2/19 until 3/11. So maybe 3/11 is the next MBP release

2. Praetorian® macrumors regular

Praetorian®

Or not. I hate posts like this...

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

even if they are released on 3/11 amazon wouldnt have them for another two weeks or so

4. Praetorian® macrumors regular

Praetorian®

No one knows when new MBP will be released. Why would Amazon know? :confused:

5. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Haha, not again!! :p

6. Enyzam macrumors newbie

Could someone please explain this rebate thing to me? What the hell is a rebate? haha.

I'm from the UK so it may not apply here, but everyone keeps mentioning it

7. esd macrumors member

Well, it's like a very inconvenient coupon. The idea, as far as I can tell, is that they can offer a larger discount to some people, because many customers won't bother filling out an obnoxious form by hand, snail mailing it, and waiting 6-8 weeks for a check (ahem, "cheque"). Less reputable rebate processors also have a habit of "misplacing" your rebate check, hoping you've forgetten about it. T-Mobile did that to me last year.

8. Zeos macrumors 6502

Any new MBP would not be available on Amazon for at least a couple of weeks after release. The only glimmer of hope here is that the rebate period falls one week short of the usual one-month Amazon rebate period for the MBP. However, the current MBA rebate also ends on 3/11, so go figure.

I still find it amazing that with the hundreds of people (suppliers, manufacturers, vendors, etc.) involved in MBP production that not one credible rumor has floated to the surface. Apple sure knows how to keep everybody working in their little silos.