Amazon's shipping Penryn MBP in April 30?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by elbertcuenca, Mar 6, 2008.

1. elbertcuenca macrumors newbie

If you scoot over to Amazon.com the base model $1999 2.4GHz MBP will ship by April 30 or sooner. If I wasn't such a cheap b@stard I'd scuttle the $300 and buy it tomorrow morning. But it's $300

2. elbertcuenca thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn EEE PC keyboard. Anyhows should I wait for Amazon to get stock or go to the Apple store and buy it at full retail price

3. Think macrumors member

Think

You're just looking for someone to tell you what you want to hear so you can justify making a decision contrary to what you think is right.

Fine, do it.
    :rolleyes:

4. elbertcuenca thread starter macrumors newbie

No wonder your handle is Think. :D

5. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

Where did you get that ship date from? I just ordered a 2.4Ghz Penryn and the estimated ship date is March 21st - 25th.

6. txcdcky macrumors newbie

You don't happen to be a student, educator, or a federal government employee do you? I mean, I suppose they don't do much background checks online in any case, but I got my base MBP at the apple store and with taxes it came out to around $1950. I suggest doing that if you qualify - it's win-win, in my opinion. :) You get a slightly cheaper MBP, and you can get it now.

7. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

Mine will be $1744 after rebate for the 2.4Ghz model from Amazon and I usually always have a few Amazon $25 gift certs to use up from my Amazon VISA. No tax and overnight shipping for $3.99 when you have a Prime membership.

8. txcdcky macrumors newbie

Ah, that sounds like an awesome deal! I say just wait it out if you can, in that case.

9. jc678 macrumors newbie

Hi Burningrave,

I am seeing the Amazon price as 1844 after the 150 rebate. Is there an additional discount for being a prime member to get it for 1744?

Thanks!

10. elbertcuenca thread starter macrumors newbie

1844 is the price after rebate. Pre-rebate price is 1994. I just received my Penryn Macbook Pro yesterday. Upgraded the RAM immediatly to 4GB. All I can say is it runs like a dream. :)