Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2010
I have a AMD 6970M in my iMac, and if I go (in Windows Bootcamp) to the AMD site, their software auto-detects my GPU OK, then it downloads the appropriate driver.
However, when I run the setup, it fails saying it cannot detect any AMD hardware!

macenied

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2014
I have a AMD 6970M in my iMac, and if I go (in Windows Bootcamp) to the AMD site, their software auto-detects my GPU OK, then it downloads the appropriate driver.
However, when I run the setup, it fails saying it cannot detect any AMD hardware!

I have a comparable issue with the NVidia Geforce 320M in my MBP. The latest NVidia drivers for W10 don't install, they cannot find my GPU. The current W10 drivers don't work correctly with this GPU. I want to install the Apple drivers of BootCamp 5 ( downgrade ) because I know they work, tested this. Still need to find a way to stop W10 forcing to update the display drivers, everything else can and should be updated.

Last edited:

trusighter

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2015
I have a comparable issue with the NVidia Geforce 320M in my MBP. The latest NVidia drivers for W10 don't install, they cannot find my GPU. The current W10 drivers don't work correctly with this GPU. I want to install the Apple drivers of BootCamp 5 ( downgrade ) because I know they work, tested this. Still need to find a way to stop W10 forcing to update the display drivers, everything else can and should be updated.

Here's an article explaining how to disable automatic driver updates in Windows 10. You can also tell it to prevent specific devices from receiving driver updates.
http://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/

macenied

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2014
Here's an article explaining how to disable automatic driver updates in Windows 10. You can also tell it to prevent specific devices from receiving driver updates.
http://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/

Thank you very much for the link. I knew it already and tried everything to avoid that Windows 10 Update pushes the new W10 NVidia drivers on my MBP 7.1, without success. As we speak, the system is fully updated and the working video driver is installed again. For the moment I ended up with disabling the automated Windows Update Service ( in Services ). This way I can at least decide if and when I want Windows 10 updates, after performing a backup before. I hope MS will offer a functional and acceptable solution soon. This can be a working video driver or a working W10 device driver update policy. Other than that the system works very well. The latest working video driver for my NVidia Geforce 320m notebook GPU is version 332.28 from BootCamp 5. The driver is for Windows 8/8.1 and as of now less than 2 years old.

LiquidSpikes

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2007
Everett, WA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.