AMD fusion: Problem for MBA and MBP 13"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mark28, Jan 4, 2011.

1. mark28, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011

mark28 macrumors 68000

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/04/hp-revs-up-pavilion-dm1-with-amd-fusion-the-notbook-wars-have-b/

This is going to be the trend of 2011 I'd say. Netbooks with AMD fusion which have the power of laptop computers with a battery life of 10 hours. So no longer will these cheap netbooks have Intel atoms.

The biggest selling point of the 13" MBP was the small form factor and the battery life. I think these points are answered by these new netbooks. They now have sufficient power also.

I think netbooks might be back and it's going to be trouble for the MBA and the 13" MBP. ( judging how people are considering a MBA over a MBP 13" already )

2. newdeal macrumors 68020

First, these aren't really netbook cpus as they are good for more than a netbook. More like a low power laptop cpu. Regardless the netbook form factor is the issue to me. tiny screen, tiny keyboard, tiny trackpad. Any 10" laptop will have these issues. Even the 11.6" air has a small trackpad

3. mark28 thread starter macrumors 68000

But they are putting them in netbooks, which fixes the biggest complaint people had about netbooks, which was the lack of power. There are also netbooks that are larger than 10".

But since the MBA and MBP 13" is aimed at people who need small compact computing, they are getting an old competitor back I'd say. Netbooks don't appeal to me btw, but I see alot of people with netbooks in cafe's. There is a market for it.

4. brianfast macrumors regular

The biggest selling point of the 13 MBP is that it is the cheapest macbook pro.