American/Canadian itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shamrat, Dec 28, 2008.

1. shamrat macrumors newbie

*First time user on this forum, so sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place or this thread has already been asked*

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody could advise me on how to go about purchasing tracks/videos from the Canadian Itunes store.

I have an American account, but there are a few items in the Canadian sotre I would like to purchase. I've tried changing 'stores' but I get the usually message "Your Account is only valid to purchase items from the US store".:(

I have read you can make a Canadian account, but was wondering if the Giftcards purchased in the American stores, can be used to top up Canadian Itunes Account.

Any help would be most appreciated!:apple:

2. pisces03x macrumors regular

Strange that you actually want a Canadian account, considering that the American account has 20,000,000 times as much content.

You can try purchasing a Canadian iTunes gift card (eBay?) and signing up with that. The Canadian Apple Store also sells them, but I'm not sure if they'd ship to an American address.

Gift cards purchased in the American store cannot be redeemed by a foreign account.

3. shamrat thread starter macrumors newbie

In all honesty, I simply wanted to purchase 1 item ('Russell Peter's Red, White & Brown' Comedy album) which isn't available on the American Itunes.

I was just looking into what options I had in trying to purchase it from the Canadian store.

Thanks for your reply.

4. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Heh, American iTunes >>>> Canadian iTunes. As a Canadian, I found a way to get a US iTunes account without having a US credit card (and it's perfectly legal). This enabled me to get some of the free apps that are US only. I don't know how to go the other way around though.

5. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I want to bump this, Im in the same boat as the OP. Ive searched this and not found any answers. There is 1 song I want that is available in the Canadian iTunes store thats not in the US store. Can I purchase it simply by changing the country in my iTunes profile from US to CA?

6. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

http://www.puretracks.com is another Canadian content distributor. I am not sure if they check/care whether you are purchasing from Canada or not.