American Candy/Food/Brands Advice

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jaded-mandarin, Jun 12, 2008.

1. jaded-mandarin macrumors regular

Basically I'm British but am interested in importing some American branded food/candy that's not currently available here in the U ted of K. So I'm basically asking you American citizens would be kind enough to state your favourite American confectionary or other snacks that you think others would like.

Jolly Ranchers/Big Red/Cheetos are the things I'm talking about.

Thanks.

2. jvencius macrumors regular

I am hopelessly addicted to Strawberry Twizzlers (licorice). In fact, during a job interview once when the guy asked me "If you had to say, what is your greatest weakness?" I answered "strawberry Twizzler's" instead of some other lame answer...:D

3. bartelby macrumors Core

Why only US peeps?
    I'm British and in the UK and there are a couple of US things I love.

Whenever friends go to the US they always bring me Peanut Butter M&Ms and Big Red gum.

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos (purple bag)

The only Doritos flavor that could be better than original Nacho Cheese

5. NightGeometry macrumors regular

Supplier

Not affiliated at all, but there is a shop near me, and I love them...

Sweet Shop

They used to sell (not sure if they still do...) French Coke Blak - coke with a shot of espresso. Perfect, even more perfecter if you add a little vodka. And normally I hate coke.

Anyway, they sell sweets from all over(US, NZ, Japan Scandinavia mostly it seems).

6. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Everything tastes different, even if its the same.

I don't believe you guys have Milkyway, the milkyway you guys have is actually a snickers, its complicated but I figured it out when I went to Ireland.

7. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Honestly, I much prefer the British/European confections. Flakes....mmmmmm....

As for the American stuffs.... I love me some Tostitos Lime Chips. I could eat a whole bag in one sitting. Red Vines, Sour Patch Kids, and Whoppers are also yummy.

I have to agree with bartelby on the Peanut Butter M&M's. They're my fave M&M by far.

Just don't get the Circus Peanuts and Butterfingers. Blech!

8. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

9. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

For our British MR members: I've found this site.. Who does all the import hassle for you... ;)

3 minutes on Google does wonders.... :p

10. Lunja macrumors 6502

Lunja

Lays KC Masterpiece flavour chips are awesome, and if you can bring in a steady supply of Resse's Pieces, you'll have a lifelong customer ;)

11. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

I love the cherry flavored m&m's...although, I'm not sure if they are a limited time item.

& Whoppers...malt flavored & chocolate covered.

Not having traveled to the UK, though...it's hard to judge what may and may not be available in your area.

Big Red...I used to only see it in Texas, but they've started carrying it throughout the Southeast.

Really good, would recommend to anyone. (...and I normally don't drink carbonated beverages) :D

UTZ...makes a great sourdough hard pretzel that is fantastic, and their homestyle potato chips are awesome. Brand orig. in Hanover, Pennsylvania (From what I can tell). Haven't seen them in the Southeast yet. :(
    http://www.utzsnacks.com/