American CS3 in UK

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dulwich, May 29, 2008.

1. dulwich macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if Photoshop CS3 bought in the USA will operate on a G5 iMac bought and used in UK.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I'm running CS3 Web Premium (which includes Photoshop) from the US in the UK without issue. The CS2->CS3 upgrade cost me less USD than it would have GBP and with 2 USD to 1 GBP it's a no brainer.

3. sonor macrumors 6502

I'm using CS3 downloaded from the Adobe US store. My cousin paid for it on his US credit card - saving me about £200. There's no problem using it in the UK. I checked with Adobe beforehand and they said it would be fine, but if I wanted support I'd have to contact Adobe US rather than Adobe UK. If I upgrade I might have to get that from the US as well - I'm not sure if a UK upgrade would work with a US serial number - but obviously that will be cheaper as well, even if I get a CD shipped over.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

My CS3 upgrade is US, my CS2 is UK. Works fine...

5. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

That's what they told me as well. Also they mention the language setting would be US english only.

As opposed to the European version which has a full British English localisation /sarcasm mode off

:p

6. genkiz macrumors newbie

us - design premium

I am about to order Adobe design premium from the US.
    Is that install include International English option? Other way what is the difference between the us english and uk/eu/ie english versions, if there are?
    thanks in advance
    G

7. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The UK and US versions are identical: they only have US English. Adobe never bother to correctly localise for the UK.