American Final Cut Studio 2 Working in Australia?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by dazloe, Nov 30, 2008.

1. dazloe macrumors member

Hey there everyone, I was just thinking of purchasing Final Cut Studio 2. At the moment I use final cut express and I'm looking for more control over my video's. The price tag was holding me back...until I thought about buying from america. I won't be going until next year (due to the australian dollar being so bad!) but I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question: If I bought a copy of final cut studio 2 in america and brought it back to australia, would it work? Any help is greatly appreciated :)

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

It will, but upside down.

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

There's no reason why it shouldn't, I don't believe installation discs are region locked like DVDs and whatever are.

4. dazloe thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the responses :) I thought that there wouldn't be a problem, but I just had to check. One more question, say that I bought final cut studio from america do you think I would be able to upgrade in australia if say final cut studio 3 came out? (by upgrade I mean would I be able to purchase the cheaper upgrade option through the apple store.) Thanks again for your help!

5. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You'll be fine - no region coding on software.