Amex Digital Blu Ray in Unibody Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by morphalex, Nov 11, 2009.

1. morphalex macrumors member

I saw online that there's a slot loading internal bluray drive by Amex-Digital today for the new updated Mac Mini and I was wondering if any of you know if it'll fit into our unibody macbooks? As they're both slim laptop drives I don't see the reason that it isn't unless the macbook doesn't use standard SATA cables. Anyone know info on this? I have win 7 installed by dual booting so being able to watch bluray movies on my macbook for $200 is not a bad deal!

2. morphalex thread starter macrumors member

bump

no one care about bluray in the macbook?

3. srs5020 macrumors newbie

srs5020

do you have a link to the drive? i think if we could take a look at it, it would give everyone a better idea if it would work. i would be all over it in a second if it would work!

4. morphalex thread starter macrumors member

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The only issue I can see is that it's a 12.7mm thick drive whereas the MacBook optical drive that's currently in there is 9.5mm. You'd have to remove your rear bottom case and see if there's extra clearance for the 3.7mm difference. Also, you'd have to make sure the slot lines up properly still.

6. itsmike2k macrumors newbie

Amex Digital Vendor?

Anyone have a vendor for the Amex Digital Drives? Seems hard to find, but they look beautiful..